Help appreciated for HT-1250 (Newbie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellsdiver

Hi to all, and thanks for being there, I'm a local EMT and just bought HT-1250, with programming cable, and software. thing is , never used this stuff, and don't know exactly what to do. Tring to find a site ht-1250 for dummies. Right now my main concern is to get a firmware and install it. Basicly, my question is where and how....

can someone help me please
Best regards,
thanks,
DL

Last edited:

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Local doesn't tell us where you are really so we can't say for sure if your radio will work on your local EMS system or not but................................

Most EMS if not all CACC's in Southern Ontario have switched to a Motorola Type II VHF Smartzone system which your HT1250 will not work with. Second is you will need permission from your local EMS before any radio shop would ever program that for you.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Firmware is downloadable from the Motorola Online site but you have to sign up for it.

Not sure why you would need firmware though? Your HT1250 should have come with it. The only reason to change the firmware is for an upgrade.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Not to mention you will need the HT / CDM flash adaptor to upgrade the radio firmware. I would suggest getting your local radio shop to do this for you as you can turn your radio into a expensive door stop if your not careful.

Are you looking to upgrade the firmware or just change the codeplug to add or change the frequencies that are programmed in?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Actually the flash adaptor really isn't a big deal. I believe it just toggles a line low to put the radio into flash mode.

A friend of mine has HT1250's and he said it was pretty simple to upgrade the firmware.

acosell

ve3nsv said:
Local doesn't tell us where you are really so we can't say for sure if your radio will work on your local EMS system or not but................................

Most EMS if not all CACC's in Southern Ontario have switched to a Motorola Type II VHF Smartzone system which your HT1250 will not work with. Second is you will need permission from your local EMS before any radio shop would ever program that for you.

Easy there killer, if he's a local EMT, then he ain't from Ontario.

What area are you from Hellsdiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.