• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help-Baofeng UV-82HP Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitfl

I recently purchased the Baofeng UV-82HP which has the following frequency ranges:
136-174 MHz (VHF)
400-520MHz (UHF)
A mature (Part 97) Usage

I am curious if there is a way to get frequencies in the 700-850 range. If so, what do I need to do/buy? The channels id like to listen to are mostly in the 810-850 range. Thanks.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
The Baofeng will not receive 700-850 and no model they make will do so. I suggest getting a good scanner that will cover that range. Baofengs make poor scanners. They scan slowly and receive only analog FM. No aircraft AM, no digital, no trunking. I have a couple for back up/throw away ham radios, but a dedicated scanner will be much better. Unfortunately also more expensive. Which one to get will depend on where you live and the types of systems you want to monitor.

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
As mentioned above, your Baofeng radio will not tune up that high in frequency.
In the US, it is illegal to sell scanners which cover the old analog cellular phone frequency bands in the 800 Mhz range. For scanners sold in the US, this is the typical range of frequencies covered in the 700-900 Mhz range.

Uniden
758-824 MHz
849-869 MHz
894-960 MHz

Whistler
764-824 MHz
849-869 MHz
896-960 MHz

What country are you located in?

Status
Not open for further replies.