HELP BC246T is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemedicJD

I've had this scanner for almost a year now and had no problems but now I dont get anything out of it. Its scanning but its not picking up any channel and keeps scanning without stop. I am using ARC246 and removed the program and uploaded the same file and still nothing. I didnt change anything and dont turn it off much so no settings has been changed. I dont know much about scanner so any advice would be appreciated.

LlamaZorz

Is your squelch maxed. Thats the bigger nob under the volume. Close all quick key channels and then run the nob all the way to the right if the radio is facing you. Then you should hear static, if so move it to the left to th exact point you hear no more static.

firemedicJD

Is your squelch maxed. Thats the bigger nob under the volume. Close all quick key channels and then run the nob all the way to the right if the radio is facing you. Then you should hear static, if so move it to the left to th exact point you hear no more static.

Yes I hear the squelch.

Tried the search for...got nothing, put it on WX operation got nothing?????

Last edited:

n2mdk

How many different systems are you listening to, are they conventional or trunked.
If it's a trunked system/s do they scan through them very fast.
If they are trunked systems see if your still picking up the Control Channel they may have changed.

firemedicJD

How many different systems are you listening to, are they conventional or trunked.
If it's a trunked system/s do they scan through them very fast.
If they are trunked systems see if your still picking up the Control Channel they may have changed.

I am scanning both systems but if I hold on one still dont get anything. It doesnt scan through them any faster then normal.

kellykeeton

on your trunk systems if you only put in the control channel make sure that the group has "control channel only" set to true.

however looks like you also have problems with analog so you might have another issue, do you see the display stop on a channel ever?

have you tried pluggin in headphones to see if its a audio issue somewhere.

find a known weather freq in your area and punch it in manual see if you have anything or if you blew out the RF or just plain fault on the system.

Try resetting to factory defaults or programming with different software like bctools to see if butel-crap software is causing issues for you.

firemedicJD

on your trunk systems if you only put in the control channel make sure that the group has "control channel only" set to true.

however looks like you also have problems with analog so you might have another issue, do you see the display stop on a channel ever?

have you tried pluggin in headphones to see if its a audio issue somewhere.

find a known weather freq in your area and punch it in manual see if you have anything or if you blew out the RF or just plain fault on the system.

Try resetting to factory defaults or programming with different software like bctools to see if butel-crap software is causing issues for you.
Nothing comes up on the WX channels.
the display never stops on a channel while scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.