Help Bc60xlt

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have one frequency (470.925) programmed into all 10 channels on this scanner. I am getting interference from another signal, which is not programmed on the scanner. It is annoying and I need it to stop. I think that it is referred to as crosstalk. All help is appreciated. Thanks

captclint

Mentor
I have one frequency (470.925) programmed into all 10 channels on this scanner. I am getting interference from another signal, which is not programmed on the scanner. It is annoying and I need it to stop.
Looking here: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1784 , it could be
470.90000 77.0 PL Morris Plains Fire Dispatch. I would put that in and see if it is the culprit. Other than that, suggest you search 470-472 to see if it is bleedover. If not, then things get a little harder to find.
Either way, your scanner does not have features that could help, such as PL and Attenuation. If you locate the agency, you may find that antenna/scanner placement will help, but it may be time for a new scanner with PL. They are fairly cheap for basic radios that you would need. I believe you want to hear Kinnelon, Borough of Fire Dispatch, which has a PL of 186.2 PL. Using that PL, it will filter nearly all calls made by another agency out.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
ok thnx. so I would baisically have to get another scanner.

it sounds like I am picking up CB radio chatter. I heard truckers talking all the way in alabama.

captclint

Mentor
ok thnx. so I would basically have to get another scanner.it sounds like I am picking up CB radio chatter. I heard truckers talking all the way in Alabama.
There are a LOT of business frequencies in that general area, that have Garbage Trucks, Freight haulers, and many other users that can chatter on as bad as CB. I suspect you are picking up some business repeater with several users...time for new scanner.
You can usually find SC230 for $129 on Ebay and $149 "like new" at Uniden. This is a really good scanner for the price. There are also Radio Shack scanners that are reasonably priced.
However, if you have any interest in State Police and other agencies, you need to consider a slightly better radio, such as the BC246T, because they are trunked. All depends on what you want to hear besides the Fire Dept.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.