HELP! BCT15 - Trunking help - newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1mri

OK, I got the trunk freqs. (control channels) programmed in o.k. The question I have is:

I just want to listen to police calls. Not all the other stuff like water dept., garages, etc. How do I do this?
Thanks very much.

af5rn

Also, make sure that you are in ID SCAN mode, not ID SEARCH mode. ID SCAN mode gets you only those talkgroups you have programmed in and unlocked. ID SEARCH mode stops and identifies any and all voice traffic on the system.

If you didn't program in the public works guys, then the only way you should be hearing them is if you are in ID SEARCH mode.

k1mri

O.K. so these number below, DEC is what I need to program?

State Police Troop A - North Greater Boston Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
33168 819 A A-PTL-1 North Dispatch - A1, A2, A3, A6, A
33200 81b A A-PTL-2 South Dispatch - A4, A5
33232 81d A A-PTL-3 Car-to-Car, Details
33424 829 A TRAFFIC Truck Teams, Registry Units
33520 82f A DET-A K9/Narcotics
34192 859 A GANG-? Gang Ops(old SOPS-2A)
34384 865 A GANG-A Gang operations

k1mri

NEW question

I'm not doing something right. I made a new sytem, entered the TGID set the quick-key but nothing shows up. I get a NOTHING TO SCAN message. I've tried doing this 4 times.

I went back and entered just the freqs. and it works that way.

HELP!

Dubbin

Feed Provider
I'm not doing something right. I made a new sytem, entered the TGID set the quick-key but nothing shows up. I get a NOTHING TO SCAN message. I've tried doing this 4 times.

I went back and entered just the freqs. and it works that way.

HELP!

You need to make a new "Group" within the system that you put the frequencies.

menu > program system > select the system that the freqs are in > edit group > new group. That is where you will enter the talk group ID's.

k1mri

I did that 3 times. Nothing shows up in scan. I entered 2 groups. I have convential system 1 to 4 they are fine.

I trying to enter Mass. Motorola Type II system. Nothing show up, no groups nothing.

I did this 7 times today I'm doing someting wrong with the TGID's but don't know what.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Have you tried using any software to do this? If not I suggest you try ARC15 (demo) or Bctool (free). Then if you have a problem you can upload the file to here and someone can take a look at it.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The frequencies and the DEC (talk group ID's) have to all be in the same system. Go back to that system you were referencing in Message #1 and add a Group, then put the channels you want to hear in that group.

k1mri

Thanks guys. I've been doing this all day. Going to give it rest for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.