Help bct15x programming Columbus ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunsailor

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone new here and fairly new to trunking systems. So please forgive if this question was asked before if so just send the link.

I just got the bct15x Uniden scanner have down loaded freescan but still lost on how to set up into the scanner. I am also having trouble finding what type of system Central Ohio, Police fire ect use have seen P25 but unsure. I like to program in all fire and police for including car to car if possible for all the city around Columbus.

Any help in understanding what i am seeing on the database page would be greatly helpful. But also if someone has a freescan file for this area that be great as looks like i could use it to just program my scanner.

Thanks

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Send it back, that radio is not able to do digital P25, not trunkrtracker IV(phase I) or V(phase II) capable. Your best equivalent is the Uniden 996P2 and can use freescan. See videos at the bottom on how to-

tvengr

Well Known Member
I just got the bct15x Uniden scanner
The BCT15X is analog only. It will not receive the Ohio MARCS P25 trunked digital system. You can only program analog conventional frequencies for Delaware, Fairfax, and Franklin Counties. It will receive analog Motorola, EDACS, and LTR trunked systems.

Sunsailor

Premium Subscriber
thanks everyone must of misunderstood the description for the scanner, it is packed back up to be shipped back, looks like back to broadcasify to listen, not ready to spend $400 right now. Maybe another time, but do appreciate all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.