( HELP ) Broadcasting by mobile ( is it possible )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello my name is Jeremy I'm 29yr old , I've been woundering is it possible to broadcast Kenton, County which is Erlanger , Elsmere , Crescent Springs , and some small parts of Boone & Florence area. Yes Erlanger Police cover all these areas and since there isn't a Kenton, Kentucky Live scanner Feed I figured I could broadcast it Live. But I would prefer to broadcast it by using a smartphone Android , I have the Aux to Aux to plug the scanner into the phone and yes I do know how to rewire the AUX to make it so the phone thinks the scanner is a microphone. But I need to know is there an app to broadcast it from the phone??

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I'm not aware of any android based apps (or iOS for that matter) that can do what you want. Have you looked in a raspberry pi? It would probably be easier to get going. This is pending you want to stream it to broadcastify as a feed provider. If you were wanting to pipe the audio into an android phone and use zello to make a feed you can probably do that but it would just be for people you share the zello channel info with versus broadcastify. Not sure how the audio quality feeding from a scanner in to a phone mic in would be though. Never hurts to experiment.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
If you have a newer Whistler scanner you should check out TRX Android Suite. I've been using it for awhile and really am happy with it.

Check out the website for more info:
TRX Android Suite

Status
Not open for further replies.