Help, can someone help me with my Pro-197

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Help, I am new to this and I am getting no help from radioreference what-so-ever. I would like to program my inherited Radio Shack Pro-197. I would also like to find the frequencies for Otter Tail County, MN and the Perham Police and Emergency Services specifically. What I see as frequencies in my local area do not match what I am hearing. I have a programming cable and have sent a check to Radio Reference last week to become a member, (still don't know if I'm a member yet, they aren't very good at communicating with me). Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
See that 'premium subscriber' pic to the left of your location?

Where did you get your frequency information? Did you use the database? Have you posted in our Minnesota forum to see what might be up with the frequencies and how they're used?

Mike

Station51

have you clicked on the link (above the old VHF information)
"Allied Radio Matrix for Emergency Response (ARMER) " ?
It indicates several Otter Tail County freqs as well as State Patrol
These are all on a P25 system which your scanner will monitor.
Not sure what "what I'm hearing" means
Unless there are specific IDs set up you will pick up everything in range.

DJ11DLN

ARC500, Win500, and PSREdit will all make programming your scanner much less of a headache. All come with a 30-day free trial, so you can compare them before you decide which to buy. All are good and will get the job done, it will come down to personal preference. The price for the software, like the RR Premium Subscription, is well worth it for the value.

Status
Not open for further replies.