Help Can't Get Local Airports

Status
Not open for further replies.

shteb13

So i got a 436, been having fun using the zip code feature. Finally got around to setting up favorite lists with the Uniden Sentinel program. I appended the main lists I want to listen to (police fire etc...) and that works fine. Now my issue, I also appended Pearson, Downsview, and Buttonville airports. I set up my favorite quick key but when I choose it I get the message nothing to scan. Help!! What did i do wrong? Am I missing a step? I am annoyed because I am picking people up at Pearson and was hoping to listen in. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Menu-> Set Scan Selection->Select Lists to Monitor

Scroll down and make sure your favourite lists are set to On.

Then you should be able to turn them on and off with your Favourite List Quickkey.

shteb13

I did that Mike and it still doesn't work. I had to go through that with my other favorites. It seems like it isn't recognizing the frequencies even though they are there. I have also updated both the firmware and the database to the latest

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Check to see if Location Control is on. Might want to turn it off if it is enabled. You might have your range set too low also make sure you're seeing the Favourites List number at the top of the screen.

Also make sure your Aircraft service type is set to on.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
It's funny that the whole Home Patrol idea was to make it easier for people to use their scanners but all these different settings are actually making things harder.

Favourite List Quick Key turned on? Service Type enabled? Favourite List enabled in Systems to scan? Range set appropriately? System/Department/Channel avoided?

shteb13

I'll be honest too the whole set your zip code doesn't always work that well, I set a Scarborough zip code but I was getting peel Richmond hill and Newmarket talk groups even when my range was 0.1 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.