Help Chosing Cheapest Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

d2007k

Omaha, Ne

from what i gather they will be switching over fully to digital by fall. are there any scanners that can "do it all" ?? or are the price of scanners not that much ?

i thought thats why tv went digital was to free up the emergency frequencies .. i dunno .. im new to all this and seems a bit confusing still at this point ..

triple trunking ? trunk tracker III ? trunk tracker IV ? Digital trunking ?

all i want it for is the police frequency whatever that is (i havent found that out yet either) ..but i know they have different channels involved and different police stations and such .. but how do i get it all on one scanner ?

puzzleriddle

Need more info. who is "they" ( Go to to RR DB & post link to the system you are wanting to hear). the newer digital scanners will run from $450 up. you can get a used pro ( radio shack (( base) or Pro 96 hand held for for about $250 or so. in other words digital is NOT Cheap.
oops I just saw Omaha NE.. I'll find the link :)

N8IAA

Need more info. who is "they" ( Go to to RR DB & post link to the system you are wanting to hear). the newer digital scanners will run from $450 up. you can get a used pro ( radio shack (( base) or Pro 96 hand held for for about $250 or so. in other words digital is NOT Cheap.
oops I just saw Omaha NE.. I'll find the link :)

Brand new RS Pro-106/197= $399.99 at the Shack. Needed for programming: USB programming cable, part # 20-047.
Larry

N8IAA

If you want to listen to Douglas county and the city of Omaha, you will need a digital, P-25 scanner as suggested in my prior post.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.