Help connecting Pro-107 to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see if there is a firmware update for my scanner but my pc can't see the scanner?

I have a RS USB cable, what drivers do i need for it to work?

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I want to see if there is a firmware update for my scanner but my pc can't see the scanner?

I have a RS USB cable, what drivers do i need for it to work?

Everything you need should load when you installed the Iscan software. Be sure to do the steps in the correct order as to what buttons to hold down when plugging the radio in.

Current BootVer is RF1.1 and App Ver is RU1.6

Last edited:
I pick this up second hand with no software,

I downloaded ez scan from GRE and installed the software and drivers.

I have the SD card updated and programed.

I went through the steps. Plug USB in PC>Scanner off>hold menu and plug cable in. Scanner comes on but can't see the screen because its kinda black out, but looks like it is saying waiting for PC.

I click update and says can't detect scanner

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Four lines are displayed

uP BootVer:RF1.1
uP App Ver:RU1.6
CPU SW Upgrade
Wait for PC/IF

When you turn the radio on with the power button, can you see the screen or enough of the screen to read the bottom line? If so, use the arrow keys to get to the Settings menu, press the Sel button then use the arrow keys to find the Contrast setting. Mine is set to 10 (0 to 20)

Yeah I see that when I do the steps.

And like if its scanning it dose not do that black thing but some times in setting. Its really picky.....

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Are you plugging the cable into a USP port on the computer, a powered USB hub, or a non powered USB hub?

When you plugged the cable into the computer the first time, did the computer detect the cable and load drivers?

Which version of PSR-700 EZ Scan are you using? Current version is 1.05

I loaded EZ Scan on my Windows 7 computer and was able to do the check for CPU updates with no problem.

Are you plugging the cable into a USP port on the computer, a powered USB hub, or a non powered USB hub?

When you plugged the cable into the computer the first time, did the computer detect the cable and load drivers?

Which version of PSR-700 EZ Scan are you using? Current version is 1.05

I loaded EZ Scan on my Windows 7 computer and was able to do the check for CPU updates with no problem.

Its a dell xps laptop there USB.

And I can't recall if I plug in the cable before installing the software. Most likely I did and need to uninstall them some how.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Go to the device manager, with the cable plugged in, locate the device under Ports (COM & LPT). Should be USB Serial Port (COM?). Right click on it and uninstall. Unplug the cable and restart the computer. I like to use the graceful "shut down" process, wait about 30 seconds, and then power back up. Once the PC is up and running, plug the cable back in. The computer should detect new hardware and load the drivers. Once that is finished, start the EZ Scan software and try the Check for CPU update again.

Go to the device manager, with the cable plugged in, locate the device under Ports (COM & LPT). Should be USB Serial Port (COM?). Right click on it and uninstall. Unplug the cable and restart the computer. I like to use the graceful "shut down" process, wait about 30 seconds, and then power back up. Once the PC is up and running, plug the cable back in. The computer should detect new hardware and load the drivers. Once that is finished, start the EZ Scan software and try the Check for CPU update again.

So install the Microsoft drivers or ez scan

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
When you loaded the EZ Scan software, the drivers were stored on your computer. When you then plug the cable in, the computer should find the drivers and load them automatically. many times, when a piece of hardware is added to a computer, in this case the USB to serial adapter, before the drivers, the drivers do not correctly load.

Status
Not open for further replies.