HELP CT State Police Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan3294

Hello everyone! I'm an avid scanner enthusiast and have a Uniden BC796D digital scanner, just updated with the new firmware which makes it compatible with rebanding. I had my scanner programmed to CT State Police a year or so ago and then everything stopped receiving (apparently because CT State Police did some rebanding and control channel changes). I didn't have a working computer and couldn't reprogram it, until yesterday that is! I have the Arc250Pro programming software. So...I just reprogrammed the new, updated control channels in, and that didn't seem to work. So, I tried the included 'RadioReference' programming tool in the ARC250 Pro software to program the radio. It sort of works...My problem now is that I'm certain I'm not hearing everything. I'm getting mis-matched conversations, sometimes only one-sided conversations, one transmission I'll hear the trooper, then I can't hear him anymore, and most of all there are hardly any transmissions going on, when I know they are talking ALOT more than what I'm hearing. Any ideas what this is about? Does it have to do with rebanding? Do I need to change some settings? I notice some options in the programming that allow you to choose "Control Channel: Plan 1, Plan 2, Plan 3, Plan 4, and OFF" not sure what that means....
Any help would be SO appreciated!

cg

Premium Subscriber
Chances are that you have not programmed the bandplan correctly. Do a search on this site or review the CT threads as it has been covered several times already.

chris

jfr454

Just a heads up, ARC250 does not currently support programming custom band plans. You will need to manually enter the custom plan in the 796D.
jr

Status
Not open for further replies.