Help, darn scanner won't trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Event_Horizon

I have a RS pro 94 (that says it can receive Motorola type II analog trunked systems)

I am trying to input the frequencies for Charlotte county (http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=TRSDB&sid=532) but when i start to scan it never actually starts trunking it keeps on getting stuck on the noisy data channel. I also switched the type on the bank to E2 800 and entered all the frequencies. I successfully recieve the hillsborough county (Tampa) EDACS system at my 2nd home but this one I cant get.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Need to set the mode of each channel to MOTOROLA.

Event_Horizon

i see what the problem is. The bank iam trying to put them in is not registering as a trunked bank but a conventional bank (i cant mix convention/trunked in 1 bank) but the one that works in Tampa IS registering as banked channel.

Ill try and move the freqs to another bank.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I would try put Charlotte in one bank I went down there for 3 weeks about 6 years ago. I had my pro92 with me it worked been along time I've been there. It would be MOT for there system. Put the Freq in order and I like to put the ID TAGS in order also.

eyes00only

Event_Horizon said:
each bank or each channel? Are you familir with pro 94?

With my old version 94 (Uniden) you DO NOT need to set each freq. as moto or edacs! Yes, it will not do trunk & conv. in the same bank. It is more user friendly than my 95, but the sensitivity it much better on the 95 (GRE).

Jerry

JoeyC

eyes00only said:
With my old version 94 (Uniden) you DO NOT need to set each freq. as moto or edacs! Yes, it will not do trunk & conv. in the same bank. It is more user friendly than my 95, but the sensitivity it much better on the 95 (GRE).

Jerry

What is a Uniden version 94?? You always have to tell the scanner the freq is trunked vs conventional in order for it to trunk.

Event_Horizon

I solved the problem thanks guys. I think what i did was first program in the freqs in the bank and then maybe mixed with some conventional freqs before setting the bank to E2 800. So I deleted all the freqs in the bank, set it to E2 800, and then program in the freqs and now trunks like charm!

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure if you hear Fire Tones on 800 down there been along time I've been down there. Let me know if you hear tones on 800 trunking I was thinking going down there for a visit I have a scanner does fire tone out but will not work on 800 just vhf and uhf.

Event_Horizon

bravo14 said:
I'm not sure if you hear Fire Tones on 800 down there been along time I've been down there. Let me know if you hear tones on 800 trunking I was thinking going down there for a visit I have a scanner does fire tone out but will not work on 800 just vhf and uhf.

Nope, I never really heard any tones on there. In fact none on any trunked system i thought this was only on conventional freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.