Help eith web import settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggeropaddy

Premium Subscriber
import settings

Thanks for the come back.

I am trying to load files i have imported from RR via win 96 into my pro 2096. I am able to access the files but when import them i get a web import settings screen and i dont know how to set the target bank the first target channel the first target talk subgroup the first target talk group.I dont have a clue what all this is.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Well... the target bank is asking which bank you want to import your channels to (0 thru 9). First target channel would let you specify which channel to start storing the new info to within that bank. So if you wanted to import into bank 0 (which is channels 1 thru 50) but start at channel 20 you could select bank 0 then channel 20.

diggeropaddy

Premium Subscriber
So I set my target bank at 0 I name it OPP the first taget channel is 0-1? does that sound right?
What do I do with the first talkgroup subbank?
What do I do with the first target talkgroup?

Also do you know how to get rid of unwanted snow plow traffic on my opp talkgroups?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Why not just try it and see what happens? If you don't like where it downloads things to simply try again. That's the easiest way to learn the software. And there won't be snowplows on OPP talkgroups. I'm assuming you mean you are hearing MTO while trying to scan OPP. Two ways around this... Only import or program OPP talkgroups into your scanner and run that bank in Closed mode (meaning it's only going to scan what you have in there) or run the scanner in Open mode (where it will receive everything) but lockout the talkgroups you don't want. When you hear MTO activity just hit the L/O button.

diggeropaddy

Premium Subscriber
Snow plows

I only import opp talk groups but i am still getting snow plows even in closed mode. If I lock them out I dont get anything becausr they using the same freq.. Is there away to lock out talk groups and not Freq?

I understand the target bank as being 0, I understand the bank name being OPP
I think I understand the first target chanel to be 01 ?
I dont understand what the first target talkgroup subbank should be.
I dont understand what the first target talkgroup should be.

I can get the feq I want and the talk groups I want from radio ref as a web import. When I import them it brings me to the Web import settings page. Thats where i am having all my difficulties.

By the way thank you for being so patiant with me me, i am tryibg not to be a pain but sa you can probably tell i am not all that bright when it comes to this stuff but i really appreciate your help.

Pat

DonS

Ok this is what I did. I selected the freq i wanted then i programed the radio with out talk groups and i still get the snow plows.

If the bank has only the system frequencies and no talkgroups, but you're still hearing the snow plows, then the bank is not "Closed", as described above.

A "Closed" bank will only give you traffic for the talkgroups you have programmed.

In Win96, you set a bank as "Closed" by checking the "Closed" box at the top of the "Channels" tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.