Help Finding a Cap+ Frequency For TBA COMMUNICATIONS In Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesFan95

Analog already is interoperable.
Here's what I have so far, but I haven't been able to find the 3/4 frequency for Site 3. Does anyone on here know it so I can complete this system? I already have this much submitted to the RR database but am waiting for it to post. Thanks.

LCN 1/2 Cap+ TBA COMMUNICATIONS 461.3750 WQJW680 CC10 Site 1 RAS Yes
LCN 3/4 Cap+ TBA COMMUNICATIONS 461.7500 WQJW680 CC10 Site 1 RAS Yes
LCN 5/6 Cap+ TBA COMMUNICATIONS 464.9500 WPKA587 CC10 Site 1 RAS Yes
LCN 1/2 Cap+ TBA COMMUNICATIONS 463.2250 WPKA587 CC2 Site 2 RAS Yes
LCN 3/4 Cap+ TBA COMMUNICATIONS 451.5000 WPKA587 CC2 Site 2 RAS Yes
LCN 5/6 Cap+ TBA COMMUNICATIONS 463.6250 WPKA587 CC2 Site 2 RAS Yes
LCN 1/2 Cap+ TBA COMMUNICATIONS 464.2000 WQCD926 CC11 Site 3 RAS Yes
LCN 5/6 Cap+ TBA COMMUNICATIONS 464.7625 WQCD926 CC11 Site 3 RAS Yes

TG ID 40 is a Towing Company

RayAir

Here's what I have so far, but I haven't been able to find the 3/4 frequency for Site 3. Does anyone on here know it so I can complete this system? I already have this much submitted to the RR database but am waiting for it to post. Thanks.

LCN 1/2 Cap+ TBA COMMUNICATIONS 461.3750 WQJW680 CC10 Site 1 RAS Yes
LCN 3/4 Cap+ TBA COMMUNICATIONS 461.7500 WQJW680 CC10 Site 1 RAS Yes
LCN 5/6 Cap+ TBA COMMUNICATIONS 464.9500 WPKA587 CC10 Site 1 RAS Yes
LCN 1/2 Cap+ TBA COMMUNICATIONS 463.2250 WPKA587 CC2 Site 2 RAS Yes
LCN 3/4 Cap+ TBA COMMUNICATIONS 451.5000 WPKA587 CC2 Site 2 RAS Yes
LCN 5/6 Cap+ TBA COMMUNICATIONS 463.6250 WPKA587 CC2 Site 2 RAS Yes
LCN 1/2 Cap+ TBA COMMUNICATIONS 464.2000 WQCD926 CC11 Site 3 RAS Yes
LCN 5/6 Cap+ TBA COMMUNICATIONS 464.7625 WQCD926 CC11 Site 3 RAS Yes

TG ID 40 is a Towing Company

Drive to the site and use signal stalker, close call, or watch the spectrum with a dongle and look for the spikes.

Should be easy to see since you'll be near the transmitting antenna.

You did check the license already?

CanesFan95

I've looked at the licensing data, but it tends to be real screwy. You get a mixture of unrelated frequencies from different systems under one callsign sometimes. Or some of the frequencies are dead with no activity. Other times, you get multiple licensees on the same frequency in the same county. How do they not interfere with each other?

And a funny thing I've noticed. I could swear, these radio companies must be sharing repeaters or something. Because sometimes you'll find one frequency licensed to Allcomm Wireless, BCI Communications, Charles Stull (whoever that is), Brodie Communications, Mobile One, and/or TBA Communications. Those are all different SMR-type radio companies. But their licenses are often for the same frequency.

RayAir

It can be a slight PITA sometimes.

I was trying to find a missing frequency for an NXDN system and the missing freq turned out to be one listed for another one of there sites in another city.

I found an unlicensed CAP+ about a year ago. 4 repeater set up and I couldn't find the 3/4. Since I couldn't receive it from at home I ended up driving out there and found it with signal stalker. The frequency was in the 460 range while the others were in the 451 range.

Sometimes you have to do some investigative work, but driving to the site is a sure fire way.

CanesFan95

Wait a second, I'm not hearing a PEEP on that frequency. Are you positive?

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
My notes are a few months old. It is possible that they changed something or the transmitter is temporarily off the air. I will fire up the decoder and go hunting again.... TT.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
I'd love to share my notes. However, I have setup (or had a hand in setting up) many of these systems. At the very least, I have worked for almost every radio shop in the area. Even though I am no longer in the industry, blasting a sheet out there of every system and its parameters that I have touched in the last 10+ years could be bad for me. Also, one of the reasons that I have held back information is watching people figure stuff out for themselves helps them (and occasionally give small details to help their discovery). Spoon feeding entire systems to everyone doesn't help people figure out the next system they find. Hopefully this post will be received with the same intent I had while typing. Only positive helpfullness here. TT

CanesFan95

Understood, no problem. Well, I wouldn't want you to risk your reputation (or legal problems?) for no reason. But let me tell you, I've sat there and waited until the rest channel rotates to the 3/4 and scanned and searched like a MOFO and just flat out found NOTHING.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Have you seen messages on the other channels saying rest channel is 3/4? If the other channels are announcing rest channel on 3/4, then it is missing from the list. If the other channels never announce 3/4, then it is off the air. TT

CanesFan95

When I track with 2 dongles, the 1/2 and 5/6 that I have for that site seem to work. But eventually, DSD+ says lost rest channel and FMP keeps flipping back and forth between the 1/2 and 5/6 channels but never finds the rest channel. Then after a while, the rest channel returns to either the 1/2 or 5/6. That's why I think I'm missing the 3/4.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
I watched several hours of messages from 1/2 and 5/6. They each only refer to themselves or each other. There is no reference to 3/4. My guess is it is currently off the air for one of the following reasons; interference, repair-bad PA or NIC card, or is used at another site. Alternatively, it could be setup as a lower priority rest channel and would only rotate to 3/4 if 1/2 AND 5/6 were busy with traffic. However, it would be spewing "REST CH is LCN X" messages like 1/2 and 5/6 do currently.This is why I do not think it is on the air. This system is a good example of a licensee using frequencies licensed in the general area and not specifically at the site where the transmitter lives. Additionally, it is a perfect example of many shops/transmitters licensed on the same frequencies. There is a ton of interference, which requires diplomacy and technical skill to make your system work better than a competitor while minimizing his impact on your system/customers. The root issue is that there are not enough clean frequencies to go around, so everyone ends up licensed on top of each other. Major pain in the rectal cavity..... TT

CanesFan95

You're not kidding about the interference in this area. It's just ridiculous stupid. The only active talk group I've seen on this system is 40, and it sounds like a towing company. I've never understood why our SMR-type business radio systems are so dead in this area. It's always been that way over the years. Where is everyone? Aren't major city areas supposed to have a lot more radio traffic? How do these radio companies make any money?

Status
Not open for further replies.