help finding a sound card or sound interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd5pck

Hello all.

I have what I call a black box computer running WIndows XP Professional. There is no sound card built in to this computer as it was designed for a use that did not require the use of speakers. My question is, does anyone know of any sort of decvice that I can plug into a USB jack to get an audio feed into this computer. I don't really want to try to install an audio card into this thing. Something simple to plug and play would be nice. If anyone is interested in the type of computer I have, here's a link to a PDF file of the manual:
http://www.hatteland-display.com/pdf/manual/inb100035-1_usermanual_series2_mmc_backpack.pdf

Thanks for your help!

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I have multiple USB sound cards in use with no problems to report. These are the cheap ones available on eBay.

SCPD

QRT
Installing a sound card isn't that difficult at all. These days, they are pretty much Plug-N-Play/Pray. Although, something new, might not support XP.

I've seen mixed reports on USB sound, some good, some bad. Of course that stands to reason for just about everything in our lives, some good, some bad. Regardless, it is another available to the consumer. I seem to recall though, I bought a pair of Logitech headphones to use with my notebook, and remember it came with a standard audio to SUB connector, I might have to play with that. I never used it at the time, and just came across it the other day I was cleaning up the computer room/shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.