Help for Loudoun County

Status
Not open for further replies.

amullen11

I just got the pro 97 and have no idea what i need to do to scan my area in loudoun county va. Do you need to buy the software or can you do without? I get some stuff but from dc what do i need to do to get local stuff?

Thanks

Alex

N8IAA

I just got the pro 97 and have no idea what i need to do to scan my area in loudoun county va. Do you need to buy the software or can you do without? I get some stuff but from dc what do i need to do to get local stuff?Thanks Alex

Alex, have you checked out the data base here on Radio Reference? On the home page of RR, click on database, click on VA, click on your county. If the trunking system says P-25, it is digital. If it says analog and P-25, there will be some TG's that will have an 'A' and some that will have a 'D". The ones with the A are analog and can be heard. The ones labeled D are digital and require a digital scanner to hear. Conventional frequencies will be heard also.
HTH,
Larry

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Moved these two posts from another thread.

Alex,
Please don't hijack someone else's thread for your own purposes. Thanks.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
As Larry said, Loudon County is digital so you would need a digital scanner to get the most. There are still a few frequencies and talk groups your scanner can track, but what you will hear will really be limited.

As far as software for your 97, you can go to www.starrsoft.com and get a 30 day trial version to program it by computer (much easier). The program you want is Win97.

Check the database under Loudon Co and pick the frequencies and talk groups that have an "A" for mode (analog). Also you can look under the Va database and get the state police frequencies. These will be changing in your area w/n the next couple of years and will also require a digital scanner to hear.

If you can afford a digital scanner that's what I'd do (~$500), but you can still get somethings up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.