HELP: FreeSACAN and Cook County

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemsu1

First I'd like to say what a great site with a wealth of accurate information! I recently upgrading my account to prem status to take advantage of programming my Uniden BCT15 with FreeSCAN. Everything has worked great and programming has been a breeze with the seamless integration with radio ref database. I am in the NW Suburbs of Chicago and have been able to successfully programs Lake and McHenry counties in Illinois as well as Kenosha county in Wisconsin as far as conventional scanning goes. I have also added trunked programming for those counties.

My snag lies with conventional freg programming for cook county. When I log in using FreeSCAN and enter in all pertinent info like country and state everything functions, menus are populated, etc. When I choose county things seem to hang when selecting cook, awaiting the list to propogate with frequencies. I have been able to program trunked cook freqs but no luck with conventional...it erros out in which case I can choose to "conmtinue" and nothing new happens or "quit" and the program closes. It's as if the program is hanging, almost timing out waiting for the cook county freq's to populate. Could it be the sure amount of cook county frequencies that is causing the issue with FreeSCAN? Is there anyway to download a file from Radio Reference and import those cook county frequencies into FreeSCAN to avoid the menu populating issue?

Anyone experience this before?

Thanks in advance for your time.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
First I'd like to say what a great site with a wealth of accurate information! I recently upgrading my account to prem status to take advantage of programming my Uniden BCT15 with FreeSCAN. Everything has worked great and programming has been a breeze with the seamless integration with radio ref database. I am in the NW Suburbs of Chicago and have been able to successfully programs Lake and McHenry counties in Illinois as well as Kenosha county in Wisconsin as far as conventional scanning goes. I have also added trunked programming for those counties.

My snag lies with conventional freg programming for cook county. When I log in using FreeSCAN and enter in all pertinent info like country and state everything functions, menus are populated, etc. When I choose county things seem to hang when selecting cook, awaiting the list to propogate with frequencies. I have been able to program trunked cook freqs but no luck with conventional...it erros out in which case I can choose to "conmtinue" and nothing new happens or "quit" and the program closes. It's as if the program is hanging, almost timing out waiting for the cook county freq's to populate. Could it be the sure amount of cook county frequencies that is causing the issue with FreeSCAN? Is there anyway to download a file from Radio Reference and import those cook county frequencies into FreeSCAN to avoid the menu populating issue?

Anyone experience this before?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Mike,
Apparently, there is a problem with importing that specific county. See this fairly recent thread. You might post in the Illinois forum, and see if someone in that area had a file they'd share to give you a "jump start", until the software issue is resolved.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Mike, it would also be a good idea for you to return to your User CP (the left side of the second blue bar from the top of any page if you are logged in) and edit your profile to include your location (city and state) as you were requested to do in the material e-mailed to you when you registered. Once you fill in your location it will automatically show in each of your posts. Many of the questions you will have, and their answers, are going to be location specific, as you already have experienced, and without having your location showing you will be asked over and over again what it is. So fill it in now and be done with it. It really will help in the long run.

Welcome to RR.com.

cpuerror

Upgrade to version .9G to fix this problem. It occured with systems that have over 400 groups and used up more memory then was available.

mikemsu1

thought I was running the latest version as I just downloaded it the other night but check and your right I'm rumming .9F. Going to give G a try. I will report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.