Help- getting La Porte off the Baytown Starnet site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroCopKick

I just purchased a Pro-528 and needed help with some programming.

Where I am at.
I am trying to listen to police and emergency services in my area (LaPorte) and the surrounding communities (which are close in proximity) through the Motorola Type II 800 system. specifically from the Baytown 007 site and the Pasadena 023 site.
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=38

1. I have programmed bank 8 for trunking. I input both the primary(red) and secondary(blue) frequencies for both sites, because from my understanding that is all I need. (Under moto 800 btw)
2. I also programmed talkgroup ID's for only my local city (LaPorte) in the bank, which use both site periodically for fire/police.

My problem is I am not getting reception from the primary frequency for my city's talkgroups. Is the primary frequency nessecary or should I just stick to the secondary which seems to be working fine.

CroCopKick

Resolved my issue, it was user error. Scanning Deer Park, La Porte, Seabrook, Morgans Point, and Shore Acres if anyone cares to discuss those areas now or in the future.

jebad23

Need help with getting La porte off Baytown Starnet!!

Need help with getting La porte off Baytown Starnet!! i'm a newbie and some how managed to program it to get what seems like baytown, houston, port of houston, some plants, and every now and then a la porte street comes up.. what can i do to only get la porte??

CroCopKick

Need help with getting La porte off Baytown Starnet!! i'm a newbie and some how managed to program it to get what seems like baytown, houston, port of houston, some plants, and every now and then a la porte street comes up.. what can i do to only get la porte??

what kind of scanner do you have?

jebad23

Resolved my problem!!!

Thanks, but i was a in boo-boo mode and had my bct 15 in search mode instead of scan mode so all the talk group codes i entered were useless.... i fixed it though, and am now happily scanning... one other question though.... i don't know what system my chemical plant uses and i can't seem to locate it online, i'm home on short term disab.,,, i know it's not starnet... any ideas???

CroCopKick

Thanks, but i was a in boo-boo mode and had my bct 15 in search mode instead of scan mode so all the talk group codes i entered were useless.... i fixed it though, and am now happily scanning... one other question though.... i don't know what system my chemical plant uses and i can't seem to locate it online, i'm home on short term disab.,,, i know it's not starnet... any ideas???

What plant are you in, if I may ask. Starnet is just a network of moto towers for local government, your plant probably has its own system in place on site (Can be a number of systems, not just Moto 800mhz) . You would input it just like you would for linking to starnet's baytown tower to listen to La Porte, except you would be inputing the plants control frequency instead of the baytown tower, and your plants talkgroups instead of LaPorte's emergency talkgroups.

Your plant may also just use the regular non-trunking frequencies in all honesty, so unless you can get the frequencies and or control frequency and talkgroups you are in the dark. Im sure it is posted somewhere and or supervisor's or lead men might have some channel, group or frequency numbers.

If I set my system to run a full scan I always pick up alot of plant activity (How can we miss it with our proximity to so many), so its hard to pinpoint who you are hearing because it could be aprox. 10-20 local refinery's. But with alot of tank/pl #'s you can identify being thrown out there you might be get lucky and fall upon some tank or product lines #'s in your facility.

CroCopKick

If I could jump on this thread and ask will a pro 97 pick up Pasadena police and fire dept. I believe they use starnet.

You have a trunking scanner, so you can program in the Starnet site for Pasadena. You will need to atleast input the red and blue frequencies off the list under pasadena in a bank you have designated for trunking on your scanner. Then input the talk groups you want to hear in that trunking bank, they are listed under the frequencies list in the 1st link, you can check for more on the 2nd link.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=38

http://home.houston.rr.com/freqzone/freqs/star-net.html

also some non-trunking, dont know if they work because I avoid the pasadena chatter, its a little to much action;)
154.010 *FIRE Pasadena Dispatch (CD siren test 1st Wed.6pm)(Pasadena trunk 7120)

Status
Not open for further replies.