HELP!!!! how do you clear a 350-a scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcg729

Wow would you post a link for a 350c also?

Thanks in advance, i recently picked up one and its been by the seat of my pants.

Melissa_K

On the 350a, there is no number pad. On the back of the scanner is a "reset" button. Use some sort of a pin and poke the button. It should reset the unit and delete the stored frequencies.

Fortunately I just found my 350a today (well, picked it up out of dad's garage) and am going to put it in my car, so, I was needing the instruction manual as well. Thanks, Mark.

--Dale (borrowing Melissa's computer as my internet puked)

edwftx

This probablt too late...but one way is turn the memory lock off on the back of the unit and leave it unpluged a couple of hours

rfaricy

re: no number pad

Yep! I was thinking of another model. I stand corrected. In that case, yep, the reset button on the back will do it as you turn it on ... just press it with a pen, etc.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
edwftx said:
This probablt too late...but one way is turn the memory lock off on the back of the unit and leave it unpluged a couple of hours

Might not work. I had a 700A in a box for 14 months that still retained it's memory when I plugged it back in.

duckbird

To reset the BC350A

With the scanner off, hold down both the yellow Down arrow and the PROG button at the same time while turning the scanner on. This will only clear the frequencies in the Private bank. You cannot reset or clear the pre-programmed frequencies.

duckbird

johncoleman said:
where did you get that info please ????

I gave you mistaken info sorry about that

Actually with the scanner off you should hold down the yellow down arrow and the Band button at the same time while turning the scanner on. Sorry for the confusion.

I didn't find in documentation explaining this fact, I just experimented and that combo worked for me

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
You should get rid on that. There's a guy on here that's always selling Pro 96 and Pro 2096 scanners ;) He'll probably hook you up woth a sweet deal :lol:

johncoleman

you say guy on here

that guy who sells the scanners on here is me. !!!! the 350 a belongs to one of my neighbors who bought it by and wanted me to clear it. I do sell a ton of scanners on this site and i think this site is the best. 2096 scanners this week485.00 free shipping and no tax

HAPPY SCANNING TO ALL

maalox

johncoleman said:
that guy who sells the scanners on here is me. !!!! the 350 a belongs to one of my neighbors who bought it by and wanted me to clear it. I do sell a ton of scanners on this site and i think this site is the best. 2096 scanners this week485.00 free shipping and no tax

HAPPY SCANNING TO ALL
hi. let me know when you have a by 1 get 1 free sale. lol

Melissa_K

Well, looking a bit further onto my 350a, there *WAS* no reset button. I have no clue what I was thinking about. :p So, nevermind what I was saying.

-Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.