Help in Cleveland Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheel59

Hi, i have not been on radio reference for a while. Have not done much scanning in county since it went digital. Could use some help with Pro 197. I am now a premium subscriber. Managed to program in Cleveland P25. With ARC 500. Anyone out there could give me some help. Been scanning since i was a teen with a Craig crystal scanner my first scanner. I live in Belwood. Thanks for any help.

trumpetman

Database Admin
What exactly are you needing help with? Sounds like you've got it pretty well under control.

If you've got the system programmed in then you can either actively search any traffic on the system, or you can alias talkgroups, assign scan lists and only scan certain ones. This way you can only scan across certain jurisdictions near you or or certain disciplines such as fire or law enforcement.

I will warn you that since this is a simulcast system you will see some signal degradation since the scanner is easily confused with receiving multiple P25 signals at slightly different times. Looks like you'll see some conflicts between the site on Bens Knob, Polkville, and possibly even the Shelby site.

Experiment with using your attenutator, smaller antenna, shielding, or even a directional antenna if you plan on using this as a base station that doesn't move.

Status
Not open for further replies.