Help in Grays Harbor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdcceo

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone live in or monitor grays harbor, I have aTRX-1 and can never get a "stable" wsp signal. and unless the uniot is close I only hear Dispatch. Any help would be great.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
Still conventional P25, I’m not aware they are affiliated with JWIN or the 700 trunk system so mobiles will have to be close.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
There is a D8 in both JWIN and 700.....

WSP District 8 Talkgroups
NextLevel.gif

DEC HEX Mode Alpha TagDescriptionTag
59801 e999 TWSP Car 1Car 1 Law Tac
59802 e99a TWSP Car 2Car 2 Law Tac
59808 e9a0 DWSP BremertnBremerton Area Law Dispatch

59801 e999 DWSP D8 Car 1D8 Car 1 Law Talk
59802 e99a DWSP D8 Car 2D8 Car 2 Law Talk
59808 e9a0 DWSP D8 KMD8 Dispatch Kitsap/Mason Law Dispatch
59809 e9a1 DWSP D8 A09D8 Dispatch A09 Law Dispatch
59810 e9a2 DWSP D8 A10D8 Dispatch A10 Law Dispatch

Just for fun, go to one of the counties that has JWIN and WSP 700 (Thurston, listed as Washington State Patrol under All Trunked Radio in...)
Load the D8 stuff - I'd use a new favorites list, so you can turn off location control and see if you hear anything. (maybe use ID Search)

I have no idea if you'll hear anything, but if you do, write it down and report it here.....

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
I have a TRX-1 and can never get a "stable" WSP signal. and unless the unit is close I only hear Dispatch. Any help would be great.

Are you using the rubber duck antenna or an external antenna? Is your squelch knob set too high? Where are you in relation to Hoquiam?

vdcceo

Premium Subscriber
I use both rubber duck when "portable" have external at house and external in car. I have try squelch up and down.. I am about 5 miles from the hoquiam detachment. in the traffic I hear they seem to be using "sub repeators" (that is what I would call it .. example: same dispatcher calls a unit but identifies different locations like : "353 capital " but seconds later "353 cosi". and sometimes i just get garble, also I only hear the unit when they are close to me.

vdcceo

Premium Subscriber
unfortuanlty there is not a JWIN or 700 Tower close to me.. when I am close to one I hear all kinds of stuff.. while in olympia I hear seattle pierce eastern washington. I was hoping ot find someone with setting that worked best for digital on conventional freqs. it seems that in the setings DSPlevelAdapt ADC gain and DAC gain only apply to trunking.. in my area the local law has digital nonencrypt channels that use CTSS and NAC on the same freq when NAC I get the same garble but when clear I can hear both sides of the conversation.

BC_Scan

This makes no sense what so ever you (per map) should be well within overlap of any IWN tower or WSP range , the big question is which outside antenna you have the connectors and the coax , can you show us pic of this to assist you better.
I hear three IWN towers in my area and Im not even in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.