Help in Maricopa County AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

califzeph

Trying to get the Regional Wireless Service (it's trunked), I get the Maricopa Trunked system ok (Sheriff), but want Goodyear PD, etc, as well. Is RWS rebanded? If so, what options should I choose? I have a Pro 96 and use the Win96 software. Thanks in advance!

N8IAA

Considering that the system uses some 700MHz frequencies, the 96 won't track those. You would need to put in the CC's from the 800MHz sites and see if the Goodyear PD, or anything affiliates with those.
You really may want to ask in the AZ state forum for more informed answers since I live in GA:)
Larry

KB7MIB

Avondale and Goodyear PD (along with Glendale, Peoria, El Mirage and Surprise PD's, Phoenix Regional Fire and others) can be found on Simulcast G, which uses 700 MHz.

Goodyear PD can also be heard on Simulcast J alongside Buckeye PD, also on 700 MHz.

If your scanner doesn't receive 700 MHz, you'll need to upgrade to a newer scanner, such as:
Uniden:
BCD396T
BCD396XT
BCD996T
BCD996XT
BCD436HP
BCD536HP
Home Patrol

GRE:
PSR-500
PSR-600
PSR-800
(Or the Radio Shack equivalents, or the new Whistler versions.)

califzeph

OK, thanks for the info. You give me a reason to buy a new scanner. LOL Do any of the scanners mentioned above have software for programming via the rr database?

MFD4305

Half an Answer....

I'm not sure about the GRE models, But FreeScan will program the Uniden models - and you'll LOVE the price!

califzeph

OK, after research I bought a Uniden 396 xt and set up Freescan. I have everything programmed except for how do I get Freescan to automatically put in the band plans for the Goodyear repeaters? In the software it's all zeros and I'm not seeing a list on rr.com.

Thanks for all the great info. I'm really enjoying this scanner and will even more once I can hear Goodyear PD.

MFD4305

Rob,
I hear Goodyear PD on the RWC system, usually on the White Tanks site; their TG is in the database. The other frequencies in the database look like standard UHF assignments; you shouldn't need to do anything with band plan to receive those. I'm pretty sure FreeScan will handle that seamlessly.
HTH

KB7MIB

They used to have several conventional 800 MHz repeaters, which as far as I know, are no longer in use.
They're now on the RWC, on Simulcast G and Simulcast J. I've not heard them on the White Tanks IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.