Help - Just bought WS 1065

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hnnshmom

Programmed using PSRedit and downloaded from RR.com. I can only hear dispatch. What am I not doing right. I called for help and they told me to check for a repeater and make sure I am using frequency not input frequency. I have never programmed a scanner before. I don't know where to find that info.

tvengr

Well Known Member
If like ARC500, make sure all of the service types you want are turned on when you download. Probably, only the dispatch service types are enabled. What system or systems are you monitoring? It would help to know your city, county, and state.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Well we cant really help you, need to update your profile to let us know where you are and/or lets us know here and what radio system(s) your listening to?

Hnnshmom

Well we cant really help you, need to update your profile to let us know where you are and/or lets us know here and what radio system(s) your listening to?
It is for Greensburg, Indiana , Decatur County. Fire, EMS, Police, Sherriff is what I want to pick up

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Appears they use Safe-T digital and the analog frequency is probably just a patch for their digital is my guess and may not be fully functional? Scroll about 1/2 way down. Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Try this poor video, but he does get to what you use and I also use PSR Edit500.
Obviously substitute your county sites in - Letts and Greenburg, then the talkgroups for your county under the section,
Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T.
I see the detectives are encrypted as shown by the DE under Mode.

Last edited:

Hnnshmom

Thanks for your help. I tried it last night. We were getting some police and mostly jail transmissions. So I tried it again to take the jail off and now we are not getting anything. Our analog scanner is still running in another room and it did not get anything either last night, so not sure what that is about. EMS usually has traffic. I will look at it again tonight.

Hnnshmom

another quick question. I have the antenna down because the trunking stuff is in the 700 to 1000 mega hertz. Is that the correct place?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Leave the antenna extended unless you know you are getting an overloaded signal condition.

N8IAA

If like ARC500, make sure all of the service types you want are turned on when you download. Probably, only the dispatch service types are enabled. What system or systems are you monitoring? It would help to know your city, county, and state.

Didn't know that you needed to put in service types on GRE/Whistler scanners. I have a 197 which is the old version of the 1065. I can put whatever frequency into the scanner without making sure of service type.
That is only for Unidens. Unless there is something I am missing. :unsure:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
While the scanner itself makes no use of Service types. they can be used in Win500 and ARC500 during the import process if you so desire.

For Win500, you have "Skip tags", for service types that you do not want to import.

In ARC500, service types can be used to govern which specific types of channels or talkgroups to be download.

Hnnshmom

Help still needed. I didn’t have the wildcard part checked. still no traffic. I don’t know what I am not doing right. Any help would be appreciated

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is an ARC500 file for Decatur County. Download and install Butel ARC500 for the free trial period. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with ARC500 and Upload to Scanner. After programming, you can download the scanner into PSREdit500 and save the file. Scan lists as follows:
SCAN LISTS:
1. Emergency Ops
2. Decatur Co Fire
3. Decatur Sheriff
4. Corrections
5. Greensburg PD
6. IN State Police

Attachments

• Decatur Co IN.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Hnnshmom

Thank you. We are getting traffic now. The EMS does not seem to come thru very much and it goes out several times a day. I noticed the list that you made was only trunking. I don't know anything about this stuff. Do I not need the conventional frequencies also?

tvengr

Well Known Member
There is a Greensburg Fire/EMS Dispatch conventional frequency. I don't see a talkgroup for that on the trunked system. I added the conventional frequency on scan list 7. Program the scanner using the updated file. You will have to adjust the squelch to where it just quiets the noise on the conventional frequency. Remember to save the updated file in PSREdit500.

Attachments

• Decatur Co IN 2.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 5

Hnnshmom

One more question. There are no tones on this scanner when they are going to call out EMS or Fire like there were on the analog one. Is that just how they work?

Status
Not open for further replies.