Help ! Lane County trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pendragon536

I'm operatring a BC796D scanner and CANNOT get the trunking to work in this area. I think I have it set up right (control 453.8125) and all the other channels loaded. I know the system is Motorola P25 UHF but I get nothing when I trunk scan. I can get the individual channels on conventional scan - but obviously can't lock out the encrypted TG's. What am I doing wrong? - BTW, the offset (50) and space frequency (380) seems to be standard and I can find no info to show if this is correct or not.
Any help would be appreciated.

Dan

DCMon

Try offset 12.5 and see if that works for you. Also try data channel 460.2125 while checking. Hope this helps.

Pendragon536

I've tried both suggestions - neither makes a difference. I know the data channel 460.2125 is the control for the Creswell tower. The data channel for the simulcast is 453.8125. My other thought is... I live in a narrow valley between steep hills. My radio reception (as well as cell service) is sketch. Could I just not be receiving the data signals well?
Dan

DCMon

?

Are the data channels strong enough to show up on your signal strength meter. If not try moving it around in your house. If that doesn't help is there anyway you can take your radio to a different location and try it to see if it is your scanner rather than the signal. If the road trip works then your right about your location.

Baker845

try programming the system in the scanner as p25 motorola system that way you wont need the off set ect, but if need the info try-

base-450.0125
offset-8192
step-12.5

Pendragon536

Here's what I see...
The only setting allowed with the 796 is Motorola Type II P25 UHF. There's no way around the offset, etc from here. I tried the control 450.0125 and get no signal at all. The strongest data channel is 453.8125 with 6 bars - should be plenty strong. TG scans and searches bring up zero activity. Take it off trunk and I get all the activity on conventional. I'm at a loss...

Pendragon536

OK, here's another problem... One suggestion stated an offset of 8192 - this does not compute with a BC796D scanner. Is the offset the same as space frequency? My space frequency is limited to a range of 380 to 600 (I think). I can't find any reference on my scanner for "offset". Also, is there any standard formula for figuring the space frequency for a data base frequency? BTW, the base for my area is strongest at 453.8125 and I've tried several space settings (380, 406, 453) Without trying all 220 possible settings, can anyone come up with an easier solution?
Dan

Pendragon536

Fixed It!!

Thanks for all the suggestions. After kicking myself numerous times I realized that my firmware had not been upgraded since purchase (4 yrs ago). Works like magic now that the radio is up to date.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.