Help Me Do A Quick Channel Name Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcisive

Let me give you the scenario here. I'm wondering if there is a fast easy method on the 536 (or 436) to quickly store the name of a found channel.

Here's the deal. I'm scanning in a "search ID" mode on the 536. it comes upon a channel I don't obviously have programmed into that favorites list as it's come upon it by the search method.It of course says "Unknown" and TGID:17184. Sure I could possibly look it up in the RadioReference listings (although to be quite honest I've come across several that weren't on there). So my question is this:

In my perfect world one could simply place a hold on it. Which I did. It was revealed that it was a "LifeFlight" channel due to the communication going back and forth. So NOW I KNOW it is "LifeFlight". It's on hold. Is there a way to simply and quickly enter a menu and choose to SAVE this and NAME it so that if I took the Hold OFF and allowed it to scan again, if it happened to come upon it again it would show "LifeFlight" as I've supposedly saved it. Or is there NO way to do this in a sensible manner. I think there should be, but that's just me. In my world I could one by one come upon these and simply hold, menu, choose the selection that would allow me to NAME and SAVE it to this list, and voila' it would be done. Any pros running the 536 out there familiar with my desire and is there a way to do this. Thanks

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Hit Enter/YES and you usually get options to save and name.

Status
Not open for further replies.