Help me help you

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Here's an interesting question - what is the 2nd unused USB port on the SDS200 intended for? It's been wondered about in the forums, but never explained... Mike

We are still trying to determine what UPMan had in mind for that. I think I know some of it, but not all.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
1)How about import and use your own sound files? MP3, wav, etc.

and

2) Bluetooth audio out

Yes, the custom alerts are a good idea. BT is not possible with the current
hardware but it is planed for discussion for future high end models. If you
really need BT audio they maka BT transmitters that work with the earphone jack.

ludek-brno

For me, FW priorities are these.
1 synchronization of the display backlight with the keyboard for SDS200
2 from the transition from Scan mode to Custom search mode is a very slow running of the scanner. Necessary to turn off and on the scanner for fast running.
3 Finally PC IF output for own data analysis (DSD + FL) via USB, which is still functionally unassigned.
4 TrunkTracker function for reading sysID of trunking systems and TG in Custom Search mode, or Quick Search from a series of XT scanners !!! Very useful for field analysis.
It's good to see that Uniden US is alive again.
I'm from Europe and I'm a big fan of US scanners just for their fw support, which hasn't been for the last almost 2 years.

Im Sorry,My English translation depends on the google translator.

begoli

really need BT audio they maka BT transmitters that work with the earphone jack.
I don't know why I didn't think of this before. I have moderate hearing loss, unfortunately speech frequencies are the worst affected. I use headphones most of the time with my USDS100 however my hearing aids have Bluetooth capability.

I should be able to stream straight into my ears. Thanks for the thought :)

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
I love my SDS100, but one thing that bugs me is the shrillness of the audio at higher volume levels from the internal speaker. Would it be possible to change the frequency response with a firmware update? I know some say to use earbuds, external speaker etc, but that is not always possible.

Thanks

xusmarine1979

I love my SDS100, but one thing that bugs me is the shrillness of the audio at higher volume levels from the internal speaker. Would it be possible to change the frequency response with a firmware update? I know some say to use earbuds, external speaker etc, but that is not always possible.

Thanks

I agree. I know everyone has their own preference, but I do prefer a little more bass in the audio. Some type of audio EQ or adjustment was mentioned in the past.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
I don't know why I didn't think of this before. I have moderate hearing loss, unfortunately speech frequencies are the worst affected. I use headphones most of the time with my USDS100 however my hearing aids have Bluetooth capability.

I should be able to stream straight into my ears. Thanks for the thought :)

I too suffer from hearing loss (Meniers Disease). Bluetoothing to my hearing aids works well, HOWEVER, battery life of the hearing aids is severely diminished. I got away from it, was getting a little pricey

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I agree. I know everyone has their own preference, but I do prefer a little more bass in the audio. Some type of audio EQ or adjustment was mentioned in the past.
You can't add more bass without overdriving either the amp or speaker. The only option would be to attenuate treble more. Which would bork EQ if using decent headphones, so it would have to be switchable or configurable from the menu to be useful.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Will you be putting out beta updates before public releases?

Probably not. Two of the expected updates will not make big changes - just fixing minor issues and accommodating revised hardware.

TexTAC

I love my SDS100, but one thing that bugs me is the shrillness of the audio at higher volume levels from the internal speaker. Would it be possible to change the frequency response with a firmware update? I know some say to use earbuds, external speaker etc, but that is not always possible
Good question. I was hoping simple bass/treble controls could be added via firmware update (e.g. settings 1-10 for each).

begoli

I too suffer from hearing loss (Meniers Disease). Bluetoothing to my hearing aids works well, HOWEVER, battery life of the hearing aids is severely diminished. I got away from it, was getting a little pricey
Not wanting to get too OT, but all of my phone calls, sound etc is streamed to my HA's. I get about 5 days per set of batteries, which I dont think is too bad. I wear them an average of 17 hours a day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.