Help me help you

Status
Not open for further replies.

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
I seem to remember a scanner in the distant past that had that feature. During programming you could check a box in the software to record a particular frequency or talk group. I don't remember the model or any other helpful details.
The PSR800/WS1080 lets you program Record for individual TG, and there is global record ON/OFF which overrides. Other GRE such as PSR500 also have it.

Romak3

Banned
Joe, why is it going to potentially take 3 months to repair my sds100? I just called on it again, now they are saying mid to late March. Uniden has now had my scanner longer than I have. It was estimated to be shipped back on 2/18. The repair shop recived it on 1/21. Is this normal???

Romak3

Banned
I can understand that, but maybe they should update their estimated time from "Turn around time for repairs is 14-20 Business days" to 3 months...

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Also don't forget that it is hard to perform repairs without power.
I have no doubt the backlog increased in the past week.

It's also possible they are waiting on a backordered part.
Some parts are not as easy to get as they were a year ago.

Or maybe they are waiting for better specialized equipment to come in.

My point is that there are many good reasons why it might be delayed.

As for specifically why in your case I do not know.

I have repeatedly seen returns shortened by a week or two.

Really, this is OT for this thread since I'm not in charge of the service dept.

Romak3

Banned
This just all started about the time you sent yours in.
If you want they could send you back a half fixed SDS100 THAT WILL FAIL AGAIN I know this first hand.
Normally I'm laid back and understanding. But this is just shoddy business on their part. If I knew it would be like this I would have sent it too our guy here on the forum. I didn't, and no one else spends this kind of money just to say you own one but its in repair due to their failings in manufacture.

Romak3

Banned
Also don't forget that it is hard to perform repairs without power.
I have no doubt the backlog increased in the past week.

It's also possible they are waiting on a backordered part.
Some parts are not as easy to get as they were a year ago.

Or maybe they are waiting for better specialized equipment to come in.

My point is that there are many good reasons why it might be delayed.

As for specifically why in your case I do not know.

I have repeatedly seen returns shortened by a week or two.

Excuses are like.... you know what. Maybe your company needs to buy a generator and work on CUSTOMER SERVICE. after all thats what your in isn't it? Who buys your products? Non customers

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Who in their right mind buys something for a once-in-a-century event that stems from multiple simultaneous rare failures?

Maybe ERCOT should provide generators. Maybe they should not have relied on devices that are subject to freeze (that many are promoting building more of).

Remember - Uniden is a victim here too. This massive power event affects a lot more than just Uniden. Planes are grounded because airports do not have de-icing equipment that they have never needed. Should they have purchased that equipment previously? That affects shipments of scanners and parts - incoming and outgoing.

Let's have a little perspective, please. You want your scanner back ASAP. I want you to have your scanner back ASAP. I have no doubt the service department wants you to have your scanner back ASAP. But there are events happening that are in no way under Uniden's control.

Last edited:

Romak3

Banned
Who in their right mind buys something for a once-in-a-century event that stems from multiple simultaneous rare failures?

Maybe ERCOT should buy generators. Maybe they should not have relied on devices that are subject to freeze (that many are promoting building more of).

Remember - Uniden is a victim here too. This massive power event affects a lot more than just Uniden. Planes are grounded because airports do not have de-icing equipment that they have never needed. Should they have purchased that equipment previously? That affects shipments of scanners and parts - incoming and outgoing.

Let's have a little perspective, please.
Your a young one aren't you. Do you know how many once a century storms we have in the upper midwest? Do you remember the great ice storms in Florida when the orange juice prices went through the roof the 70s. No excuses and the internet wasn't discovered nor invented by a guy who labeled music as bad for kids and his ex wife who still flies around preaching global warming in a private jet.

Romak3

Banned
Seriously????
For those of you a skeert to click the link

1. Panhandle Blizzard of 1957
2. San Antonio Snowstorm of 1985
3. Winter Storm Goliath of 2015
4. North American Ice Storm of 2017
5. Houston Snowstorm of 1960

As Larry the cable guy says, put on your big boy pants and get to work.

cg

Premium Subscriber
A new thought in the various firmware updates.
If possible, remove 862.0000-869.0000 from the service search as rebanding is completed (or all but done).

chris

MStep

(Snipped for brevity.....)

With all due respect, I find that comment to be more than a bit strange coming from an official Uniden Rep. Especially in a "Help Me Help You" thread.

Repair turnaround times are certainly a concern for anyone buying a $700 USD radio. Storms and other "acts of God" notwithstanding.

Last edited:

MStep

A new thought in the various firmware updates.
If possible, remove 862.0000-869.0000 from the service search as rebanding is completed (or all but done).

chris

I have to respectfully disagree with that Chris. I personally would never ask for any existing frequency coverage to be removed from any radio under any circumstance. I know a lot of folks that love to search, scan and close-call on non-allocated frequencies listening for "pirate" activity. If it's not doing any harm being there, then let it be.

If anything, I want MORE frequency coverage, not less.

Status
Not open for further replies.