• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help me I am beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam445

Hello guys , i have tytera 390 Radio and i catch frequencies and people talking , I tried to talk to them , it is open Channel, but i couldn't , someone talk on 453.025 and the one on next side answer on 453.175, and other one answer on 449.340 i dont understant whats going on i tried every CTCSS and tried - + 500 and tried - +250 elc elc elc , what going on guys , what is this system about ?

teufler

Not sure where you are located, but in the US, 450 and above is commercial stuff, doubt you will get anyone to talk back. Off sets between receive and transmit are 5.00 mhz, Now the 449.34 you heard the repeater is on 444.34 and transmits on 449.34. If you don;t have a license for Amateur radio, someone may tell you to get off the frequency, just as commercial uses will tell you. The Tyterea 390 is a dmr digital radio, and this will be a bag of worms for you until you get a ham license. There are several clubs that hold license classes, which they would all be glad to help you into the hobby.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
You can't just chat anywhere you want... It's illegal in most countries. You could be fined and have your radio seized. Unless you have a ham radio license, your 390 isn't legal to use on any frequency.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Got to love-not-how people feel they can get cheap radios and just talk without a license. At least at one time you required a license to buy a two way radio. I think they should seal all radios and not have them unsealed until one can prove they have a license. Far too many people abusing the right. And if the intention is to talk, get a license. If the intention is to listen, get a scanner.

ecps92

++1 :cool:
Got to love-not-how people feel they can get cheap radios and just talk without a license. At least at one time you required a license to buy a two way radio. I think they should seal all radios and not have them unsealed until one can prove they have a license. Far too many people abusing the right. And if the intention is to talk, get a license. If the intention is to listen, get a scanner.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
what going on guys , what is this system about ?

What it is about is you are trying to do something stupid and probably illegal. The frequencies you mention are not amateur allocations. In the US, they are business or public safety, and if you try to transmit on them without authorization, you can be fined or imprisoned.

Tell us where you are and what you are trying to accomplish, and we may be able to help you.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Sorry Sam but I'm going to close this thread since it's doubtful you'll get any answer other than the fact that what you are doing is illegal.

If you really want to talk with people, I would suggest you explore a licence free service such as CB radio or a licenced service such as GMRS or Amateur Radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.