Help me ID this old Yagi

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Recently acquired this old UHF Yagi, which is pretty generic looking. I'd like to maybe figure out who manufactured it, and if there was a model # for it. I haven't swept it yet, so I'm not even sure what frequency it's resonant on. Anyway, here are a few photos of it. The mounting plate on the end is stamped "Newton New Haven S-29812A", which is apparently an aluminum die casting company in Connecticut. They may've fabricated the antenna, but didn't design it. Who knows, maybe this thing was entirely home brewed, but I'm hoping someone on here has seen one like it or maybe even has the same model and can ID it. :)

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Two more photos....

Last edited:

K9WG

Not knowing the measurement of the elements I would guess about 450MHz. Looks like a simple beam without any kind of matching. Probably used for receiving. From the construction I would guess maybe used for some sort of utility monitoring station.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Great info, thanks fellas!

Judging by the size and spacing of the elements, I knew it was in the 450-470 range, but I haven't swept it yet to get the resonant frequency.

It's definitely built to last, very simple and solid design. One of the elements was bent slightly as seen in the photos, but it bent right back into shape with some gentle coaxing. It does a real nice job receiving, which is what I'm going to use it for.

Thanks again for the input. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.