Help me please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd23rin

Ok, so I bought a pro-433 yesterday, after using it, I feel like maybe I miss the alpha tags and such. That being said, should I look at a 2055 $159 or a pro-163 $199. Would it really be worth it to wait to have a GRE PSR-400 shipped, or maybe a BCD15? Will I really notice a difference in sensitivity.

I am really interested in a non digital scanner that has the best sensitivity mainly in air and trunking.

Thanks!

n2mdk

Forget the 2055 too many people have problems with it's display going out.
If sensitivity for you is a + then go for the Pro-163 or PSR-400, they really are the same radio.
I love my BCT15 but if pulling in the signals is most important then go with the GRE made radios like the 163 or 400.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
I myself would get the PRS-400, alpha tags are a must for me who wants to wast all there time trying to remember TG# now don't get me wrong here, one of my desktop scanners that can trunk scan does not have alpha tags but the set up on it is simple, it just has 3 TG's, the town police there Tac and car to car TG's and its a PRO-2051 but that's just one of 12 that sit on my desk. some of my main scanners would be PRO-96,2096,97 and the PSR-500.

SCPD

QRT
You might seriously consider UNIDEN or GRE over a radio shack scanner. The BC246T is a very Fine radio. While it looks old it offers UNIDEN's dynamic Trunking system alike the newer UNIDEN Modles. GRE radio's Offer more bang for the buck over R/S modles which appear to look the same. However if your new to scanning, GRE scanners can be complicated to program.

Status
Not open for further replies.