Help me please

Status
Not open for further replies.

sooprfri

I just got a uniden bc8500xlt from a friend. I have not idea how to program it with out a computer, actually at all. all this talk is foreign to me. I'm at a loss and don't know where to turn for help with this thing. can someone send a link for complete beginners on how I program this beast and what it does?? Id greatly appreciate it

I have not idea how to program it with out a computer, actually at all.
Looks like you'll have a hard time

Closest I could find:

Premium Subscriber
Here's a start:

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
First thing you want to do is decide what you want to monitor. Then look at the 850 and see what it will receive. (An older scanner may not receive some of the newer modes of communications.) If you need help, post here what agency’s you are interested in, the town, county the town is in and the state. Let the guys & gals here compare your list of agency’s to the capabilities of the scanner.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Here is a Oct 1994 add for the BC8500XLT. Look at the prices.

sooprfri

First thing you want to do is decide what you want to monitor. Then look at the 850 and see what it will receive. (An older scanner may not receive some of the newer modes of communications.) If you need help, post here what agency’s you are interested in, the town, county the town is in and the state. Let the guys & gals here compare your list of agency’s to the capabilities of the scanner.
well that's easy I want to listen to law, polive, fire, state police, county city, etc, I even reading this manual cannot grasp the concept of how to do this. it's frustrating.

WB9YBM

I just got a uniden bc8500xlt from a friend. I have not idea how to program it with out a computer, actually at all. all this talk is foreign to me. I'm at a loss and don't know where to turn for help with this thing. can someone send a link for complete beginners on how I program this beast and what it does?? Id greatly appreciate it

Have you tried a web search for an instruction manual? That'd be my first go-to.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yeah I used to have one of them... Turboscan!

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
well that's easy I want to listen to law, polive, fire, state police, county city, etc, I even reading this manual cannot grasp the concept of how to do this. it's frustrating.
Maybe try posting in the Oregon forum and seeing if anyone is reasonably close to you that can help.

rcool101

Feed Provider
Mine is thrown in a drawer covered in dust. There is a reason....Its very outdated.... Hope you didn't pay much

Status
Not open for further replies.