Help Me Plz with setting location for BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyler1300

Premium Subscriber
I live in Goose Bay , Labrador and I just purchased my first scanner, a Uniden BCD436HP. The postal code search do not recognize this place, so I entered the Long & Lat. Not having any luck with anything becides Coast Guard Radio and a couple CB Hits. Is there anyone in the area that can hep me with the setup? Anyone know what the local RCMP and Emergency Services are using now? Really Need Some Help.. Dropped a lot of cash and just getting frustrated. Thanks

SCPD

QRT
What is the Zip code you get your Mail at ?
Then on the Scanner go to location and enter your Zip code.........
Assuming your scanning your Full Database.
Any Luck ?
\You may also post this under a new headline in the Canada forum.
or go to in Software to Canada then click on Newfoundland and.........
to add it to FL

Last edited:

RBMTS

Welcome to Radio Reference. Take a look at the database section of this website. While there is information on the Quebec province in Canada, there might not be specific frequency or service information for your area. The database information in the Uniden scanners is downloaded from the RR database.

If you do find information on the RR database page, you can then use the Sentinel software for the scanner. Simply pull down the information for your area from the Quebec section and add it to a "Favorites" list (FL).

If you don't have frequency information, you can still use the scanner to search for active frequencies in your area. You can also manually add those frequencies into a favorites list and scan them.

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
I live in Goose Bay , Labrador and I just purchased my first scanner, a Uniden BCD436HP. The postal code search do not recognize this place, so I entered the Long & Lat. Not having any luck with anything becides Coast Guard Radio and a couple CB Hits. Is there anyone in the area that can hep me with the setup? Anyone know what the local RCMP and Emergency Services are using now? Really Need Some Help.. Dropped a lot of cash and just getting frustrated. Thanks

Hi skyler...

When I look up Labrador in the NFLD & LAB database not much shows up..
Your best bet is to post your message in the Atlantic & Maritime section of the Canada forums.. I am sure some guys there can help you out. The RCMP in NFLD are on a P25 system so that you will pick up. .but from what I see the RNC are on a provoice/Ageis? type system.

http://forums.radioreference.com/atlantic-maritime/218347-newfoundland-police.html

I am sure there must be freqs in Goose Bay..DND base or Lab City...

Good luck...

Kirk

lamarrsy

Premium Subscriber
Help Me Plz

Hi,
I live in Rimouski, Qc., but was born and lived in Sept-Îles, Qc. for almost 40 years so I know a bit of your reality;
Radioreference.com is a good source but it is a "urban" database... Us in the boonies haven't got much to extirpate form RR database as there's only a handful of generic freqs for us.
We'll have to contribute to RR with our own "boonies" freqs if we want to save others some frustration of not finding much. I am preparing that for my area.

So, considering this, I suggest you check Industries Canada radio spectrum database (at: http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/sd-sd.nsf/fra/accueil ) and do a search
by geographical area (you'll need longitude and latitude of your place) and enter min & max freqs (eg. 118 and then 950, to search from 118MHz to 950MHz) and don't forget to enter a radius: 100km would be interesting in your case, to make sure you grab enough. I tried it and harvested 280 freqs.

Let me know if you need more help, as these results will have to be entered into a personalized favorite list in your 436.
Send me a pm at lamarrsy@yahoo.com if you need further help, I'll be glad to help.
-Sylvain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.