Help me understand Broadcastify Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reconrider

Trying to figure this stuff out. I sort of have the streaming down even if sdrtrunk is pretty heavy on my old windows 8 laptop and I have to keep restarting it every 2 hours or so(program not computer).

On the recent page for CLRMN I see Law-Tac tgids being streamed(?) but when I go to click on it, it says only the streamer or admin can view it. Why is that?

Also, is there another program that's better on older computers than sdrtrunk? I was looking into the trunk recorder, but i don't understand how to make it work.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
On the recent page for CLRMN I see Law-Tac tgids being streamed(?) but when I go to click on it, it says only the streamer or admin can view it. Why is that?

Broadcastify Calls makes available to call ingest providers ALL calls they send to us, but limits public access to calls covered by our Feed Provider Terms of Service

Also, is there another program that's better on older computers than sdrtrunk? I was looking into the trunk recorder, but i don't understand how to make it work.
Trunking Recorder or Trunk-Recorder? Two completely separate programs. Trunking Recorder runs on Windows, whereas Trunk-Recorder runs on Linux. Trunking Recorder does not do any decoding on its own, instead it relies on either Unitrunker or SDRTrunk to provide decoded audio. Trunk-Recorder, on the other hand, has a built in decoder based on OP25.

Reconrider

Broadcastify Calls makes available to call ingest providers ALL calls they send to us, but limits public access to calls covered by our Feed Provider Terms of Service
Ahh that's what I was thinking but I wanted clarification. Thank you.
Trunking Recorder. Trunking Recorder does not do any decoding on its own, instead it relies on either Unitrunker or SDRTrunk to provide decoded audio. Trunk-Recorder, on the other hand, has a built in decoder based on OP25.
Does trunking recorder need the unitrunker to save the audio calls before it uploads it? SDRTrunk is to heavy for my crappy laptop to stream

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Does trunking recorder need the unitrunker to save the audio calls before it uploads it? SDRTrunk is to heavy for my crappy laptop to stream
Unitrunker decodes the audio while Trunking Recorder records it and streams it in real-time. The exact setup depends on what version of Unitrunker you're running, what type of system you're decoding, and to some extent, whether you're feeding it to BCFY Calls or to a traditional BCFY live stream. Just keep in mind that Unitrunker is not capable of decoding P25 Phase II (TDMA) audio, only Phase I (FDMA).

Reconrider

Unitrunker decodes the audio while Trunking Recorder records it and streams it in real-time. The exact setup depends on what version of Unitrunker you're running, what type of system you're decoding, and to some extent, whether you're feeding it to BCFY Calls or to a traditional BCFY live stream. Just keep in mind that Unitrunker is not capable of decoding P25 Phase II (TDMA) audio, only Phase I (FDMA).
I didn't know that. I thought the V2 was able to decode TDMA audio. My state system is p2 so I'll have to make sure it can do it.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I didn't know that. I thought the V2 was able to decode TDMA audio. My state system is p2 so I'll have to make sure it can do it.
No version of Unitrunker can decode Phase II talkgroups.

Reconrider

No version of Unitrunker can decode Phase II talkgroups.
Well that sucks big time.
Any other program you know of that will decode p2 on an older windows laptop? sdrtrunk freezes a lot for some reason

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
To feed to BCFY Calls? No. The supported software is listed on the page I linked previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.