Help me understand Hennepin County

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay427

Want to add Hennepin County in some orginized fashion to my PRO-106.

I trying to get my head around how this works.

I'm currently conected to the DB with Win500. I see Henn Co. has what I would call four zones, Central, North-South, East and West wilth all different control channels.

Its Simulcast so I assume I would need just the control channel thats nearest to my location, I live in Ramsey (Anoka County) so would you just toss in the north control channel plus all the talkgoups for Henn Co? I suppose a person may want all the control chanels incase they move around some.

I'm building a master file(s) to store all the counties that I may use as a starting point.

Any reason to try to break up the county for this purpose?

Thanks

Jay

n0vza

Will you be operating from a stationary location in Ramsey County and/or operating mobile?

Hennepin County has two sites, East and West. Each site has multiple towers.

Hennepin County trunk groups, including local agency police and fire departments “basically” operate on one of the two sites.

Which talk groups are you interested in listening to? Knowing that, will help to decide which tower you will want to program as a site.

If you are using the standard antenna, you might be able to pick-up the talk groups on the Hennepin East site from Ramsey County, depending on your location. If you are operating from a stationary location, you may want to acquire a directional antenna to get better performance.

I live in the west metro area and work on the east side of Saint Paul. Using a mobile antenna on my vehicle and operating in a mobile/roaming mode, I can monitor Hennepin East, just fine and I have good luck on Hennepin West.

jay427

Ok I a little more confused.

I pulled the following control channels from the DB

Minneapolis City Center Simulcast 860.23750c
Minneapolis N - S Simulcast 852.03750c
Hennepin Co. East Simulcast 852.36250c
Hennepin Co. West Simulcast 852.61250c

I just assumed that Minneapolis control channels where Henn Co. If not, what Talk Groups go with those control channles?

As far as what I want to listen to, mostly public service, north cities like Crystal etc. I just want a master list that matches up (Control channels vs talk groups), will sort out my scan list as I go.

btw, I live in the city of Ramsey:)

jay427

I think I see it now, if I'm looking at the talk groups there are ones for Mpls, those must go with the 2 Mpls towers/control channels.

That simple?

n0vza

As I recall;

Minneapolis City Center site is basically for “metro area state” systems; State Patrol, DOT.

Minneapolis N-S is basically for Minneapolis stuff, police, fire.

Hennepin East is basically for Hennepin SO, and local agencies in the north and east side of the county.

Hennepin West is basically for Hennepin SO and local agencies in the south and west side of the county.

Check out the MN ARMER Wiki on Radio Reference for additional information: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Allied_Radio_Matrix_for_Emergency_Response_(ARMER)

Also take a look at MN MetroScan:
MN Metroscan Homepage

Last edited:

stmills

The 4 systems in Hennepin County are:
101- City Center or Metro Main- MN DOT System in Minneapolis and St. Paul Primary home for MN state agencies and Transit.
109- City of Minneapolis 3 tower sites covering for the City of Minneapolis
201- Hennepin East Multi site system run by Hennepin County used by City and County Agencies in Hennepin County. Sites for thi system are in: Bloomington 2 sites, Brooklyn Park, Edina, Golden Valley, Minneapolis 2 sites, Minneapolis Airport, Minnetonka, Plymouth Shakopee.
202- Hennepin West Multi site system run by Hennepin County used by City and County Agencies. Sites in Anoka, Corcoran, MaplePlaine, Medina, Minnetrista, Rogers.
201 has more frequencies available to it than 202, and as such carries more traffic. 202 does have traffic from Carver County and Wright County on it due to the common boarders.

Status
Not open for further replies.