Help me with firmware update

Status
Not open for further replies.

miller

I had download SC230VUP_V2_01.zip and BC246TVUP_V2_05.zip to update firmware of SC230 and BC246. But I can't find .scn files while the software asked me, even search the whole folder. Can anyone tell me where .scn located ?

And I don't understand the guided message before firmware update : "Insert the AC Adapter plug, while holding L/O and 6 keys. The display remains blank and the backlight is turned on." Was the scanner turned off and do the procedure above ? I don't see any change to the scanner holding L/O and 6 keys and Insert AC plug. Please help me with this action. Thanks !

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You download the "scn" files from the Uniden site. They are wherever you tell the PC to put them.

You should have noticed the step before the one you quote says to take out the batteries. With the batteries out and no AC power, the scanners will be off.

miller

Thanks for your assistance. I had deal with BC246T already. But software for SC230 seems different. It shows "Please select a filename." to ask me the route of .scn files.

Could you tell me more precise route to follow? No scn files shown on Download page of Uniden. So I don't know to tell PC where to read such files.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Hmmm. D/L seems to have dropped off the page. Unfortunately, nothing I can do about this until Monday...I'll get it back on the site, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.