Help monitoring and controlling scanner remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

N10Z

Hello!

I've been a scanning enthusiast for years, but streaming is new to me. Forgive me if this has been asked before and I just haven't found it.

I split my time between homes in two different states. I'd like to be able to set up a scanner at one and be able to monitor and control it remotely, I have a spare computer and a BCD536HP I can use. I can buy whatever software and cables I need. The computer would be dedicated for this one purpose. It has to be a private feed. I need to be able to fully control the scanner.

Is this even possible?

Thank you!

Kingscup

Feed Provider
I believe this is what you want/need. There may be free versions out there but I am not up on this aspect of scanning.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Proscan would work for that. The 536 HP having the WiFi dongle is a bit problematic but that being said will work most of the time.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
You can also use ANYDESK to remote control the PC and you also can buy remote IP hardware the would make the power to the Scanner cycle to reset the scanner along with PROSCAN as you can with PROSCAN put the scanner into PROGRAMMING MODE remotely.

morfis

Yes it's possible. I use remote PCs with TightVNC (numerous similar options, windows even has it's own built in but that should never be activated!) to do exactly that. On the remote PC use whatever software you want for the job in hand....local PC/phone etc has full control of the remote PC as though it's in the same room as you.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Yes it's possible. I use remote PCs with TightVNC (numerous similar options, windows even has it's own built in but that should never be activated!) to do exactly that. On the remote PC use whatever software you want for the job in hand....local PC/phone etc has full control of the remote PC as though it's in the same room as you.

Yes VNC works great! (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.