Help moving SDS200 between states

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanFL

Using an SDS200. Have it programmed pretty well with the systems, departments, and talk groups I want to hear and avoiding the ones I don't. Would like to take it with me in a month to visit a relative in another state and get it functioning well there for a week (starting with a zip code entry), then return to my home location and have it operate the way it was.

What's my best way to do that? Use the Sentinel software to backup the scanner as it is now and then restore it when I get back home? I may make this trip a few times a year...is there an easier way than backing up / restoring using Sentinel?

Appreciate the guidance.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Or make a new favorite list for your desination area, and get the GPS accessory. THe radio will automatically switch what it scans as your location changes.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
What Jon says above - build location list(s) for where you are going. You can always disable then when back home by the first menu item - set scan selection

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
There are a couple of ways I'd have to think about. One is similar to what Jon suggested, but incorporate Favorites List Quick Keys. That way I can turn off the FLQKs for home, and turn the away FLQK on.

The other would be real simple. That would be to turn on the Full Database upon arrival at the destination and change the zip code to the applicable one for where I am. Then upon return home, turn off the Full Database and reset the zip code to my home zip code.

p3jason

Premium Subscriber
You've received some options already, but I'll add another. Create a new profile with the systems you want to monitor while away. Then when you get back, just load the profile you already have set up for home.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The good (or bad) thing about modern scanners is that there are numerous ways of going about doing something.

Yet another option would be to use Configuration/Startup keys. You could assign your "home" Favorites Lists to one Configuration Key and the "Away" Favorites Lists to another.

There is another consideration to creating and using a Favorites Lists for your destination. If you make any errors, forget to add something, think something works one way but actually works another, you may not have an easy way to fix a Favorites List. So that would be a good reason to just rely on the full database and enter the appropriate zip code for your destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.