HELP my PRo-106 is DEAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eznuff575

Premium Subscriber
I have had my PRO-106 for over a year and love it, yesterday I noticed that it would blank out and continue scanning a few seconds after some one started talking, My real question is who do I contact at Radio Shack to send it back to them and get it fixed. Also I listened to my PRO-96 to make sure that it was not a problem with the radio system I was listening to and it works perfectly.

Thanks
Doug

Sarasota, FL

Eznuff575

Premium Subscriber
Allright I finally got my PRO-106 to the local RS store and sent it away to get fixed. The RS tech called my today to give me the price of the repair. (ok now make sure you are sitting down) $49 labor (not bad) $211 for a new board for a total of $260. WOW I didn't think it would be that much. But it will be LIKE new and cheaper than buying a new one. I guess the moral of the story is DO NOT DROP YOUR RADIO and BUY THE EXTENDED WARRANTY, this radio is only 18 months old. Happy Scanning!!!

Doug

sjlamb

I guess the moral of the story is DO NOT DROP YOUR RADIO and BUY THE EXTENDED WARRANTY, this radio is only 18 months old. Happy Scanning!!!

Doug

Not sure about Radio Shack but, most Extended Warranties don't cover damages caused by the consumer (as in dropped radio). They typically only cover defective parts, materials and labor. With or without an extended warranty, I have feeling that if someone drops a radio and cracks a board; they're "taking a trip to the proctologist" regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.