Help! Need advice for getting a new scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitcher

Hi, I'm new and I'm looking to buy a new scanner. My first scanner was a Mustek 1200CP - a byzantine scanner that connected via the printer port. Despite its age, it scanned sketches very well for my purposes. A few years ago, I tried upgrading to a Canon CanoScan LiDe 20 and absolutely loathed it. The trouble is that it tried to overcompensate for dirt and scratches, and it ended up making my sketches look like they've been partially rubbed out. Here's an example:

Awful, ainnit? I tried changing the settings and narrowing the histogram, but the results still don't look nearly as good as my old Mustek, so I switched back. Now the Mustek is no more and I'm forced to use this piece of crap, but my patience has run out. I need a new scanner, but I don't want to repeat the same expensive mistake and buy something that does a piss job of scanning sketches. I could probably buy one cheaper off eBay, but I'd still like to keep it at around £50 or less. Can anyone please recommend a scanner that is sensitive enough to scan faint sketches? A sample scan would be extremely useful.

bezking

Database Admin
Hello and welcome to RadioReference.com

I am afraid that you have misunderstood the purpose of this site. This forum is for discussion of Radio Receivers and Police Scanners, not Computer document scanners. Surely there is a forum site out there that would better suit your question.

This topic is closed.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.