Help needed for a BC246T Newbie - Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhemrick

Recently purchase a BC246T scanner, along with the ARC246 software. I thought program would be easy, and it appears that it is, BUT, I'm not doing something right. I'm trying to load in the Toledo Area Trunked systems and I don't think I'm load the required information right, I don't know what type of system it is. If someone who has these systems loaded for the Toledo area, I would really love to have someones file, would like to load it and look at how it shows up in the ARC software. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks, Bob - Maumee, Ohio.

acepilot340

All trunked systems in Lucas Co Ohio can be found here---> Lucas County, Ohio (OH) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Unfortunately for your scanner the Lucas County Public Safety system is P25 Digital. The 246t does NOT receive digital at all. If you wish to monitor Lucas County Public Safety then you must purchase a digital scanner like the 396XT.

As far as programing when I first started I bought the premium subscription from RadioReference and through ARC246 you can download the systems without error. It's the best way to program for new guys.

pmstern

I have a 246 as well and I love the radio. Unfortunately, it can't handle digital signals. I have done all the programming manually through the radio, it is not that difficult. I use the ARC246 to backup my radio's data only.

Status
Not open for further replies.