Help needed for updating encrypted agencies!

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, so my little COVID lockdown project has been to start updating the encrypted agencies section of the wiki as some places appear to be really out of date. I've worked on my local area as well as some US states by looking a the RRDB. If you know an agency that is encrypted or would like to add to the list for your state, county, or city, please add it to the wiki or send me a PM. I could use all the help as it can get as this is a pretty big project. Thank you.

Admins - maybe we can add this as a sticky to the top of the wiki page as this is an ongoing project?

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
Also the big systems in the US (Ohio MARCS, STARCOM21, & MPSCS) If there are people in those areas that can starting adding encrypted agencies from those systems into the the encrypted angecies wiki, that would be great! Thank you!

RayAir

Also the big systems in the US (Ohio MARCS, STARCOM21, & MPSCS) If there are people in those areas that can starting adding encrypted agencies from those systems into the the encrypted angecies wiki, that would be great! Thank you!
Looks like a lot of work.. What are you using to identify the encryption algorithm type in use? Like if something is ADP, DES or AES?

scanfreqer

Premium Subscriber
I have picked up a transmission on an encrypted channel. Simcoe County.ont,can, Barrie Police Operations 2- it says partially so I keep it.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Premium Subscriber
I try to do my part here in Kentucky and South East TN. Most of our agencies here are using P25 or NXDN and only use 2 algo's, AES-256 and 15-Bit scrambling are the most popular but some still run DES and ADP on channels. Although the list doesn't really play a role in anything scanning-wise for myself and a few others in the area I still like to keep it refreshed.