Help Needed to Identify Connectors

K4EET

Chaplain
Premium Subscriber
My deceased father (WA4TCS) had a U. S. Army Signal Corps ME-82/U Wattmeter (52 Ohms and 120 Watts for 50 MCS to 600 MCS) pictured below. I am having difficulty identifying the nomenclature of the input connector. The connector resembles an “overgrown” BNC Female. I have not exhaustively searched the far corners of the Internet but so far cannot find the nomenclature of this connector.

Does anyone know off the top of their head what the answer is? If you do, might you also know if there is a UHF or N adapter available? TIA!

73, Dave K4EET

IMG_2729.jpeg

IMG_2731.jpeg

K4EET

Chaplain
Premium Subscriber
FWIW, I ended up ordering a C-Male to N-Female for $14.95 plus $6.95 shipping from

Dave's Hobby Shop by W5SWL​

The reason that I did not order from Max-Gain Systems (MGS) of Post #2 above was because while the connector was $11.95 plus $3.96 shipping which was a better price, the connector was not available at the time:

IMG_2742.jpeg
The cost differential was $6 more from Dave’s Hobby Shop and MGS did not provide an expected ship date for the item. MGS does have good prices and I will add them to my list of vendors to potentially buy from for future hardware needs.

Thanks again to all who participated above. 😃

K4EET

Chaplain
Premium Subscriber
well dog gone it. was going to say type C. i used to have a meter for automotive use that used type C. back years ago was hard to locate ends pre internet years. even rs didnt show em
We will include you in the recognition of what type of connector it is. According to tracking information, the connector should arrive sometime today. Then I can test the dummy load / wattmeter to see if it still meets specifications.

majoco

Stirrer
Make sure you say "Bayonet C" as there is also "Screw C". Measure the DCresistance from outer to inner of the connector - should be 52ohms. At least you'll have a dummy load if its good. You'll need a source of RF to make the meter move, 50MHz to 600MHz, so it"s VHF.

Last edited:

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
Got the connector today. I’m going to check it over sometime next week. If the unit fails on the wattmeter, hopefully the dummy load portion will be okay. If the whole thing is defective, I’ll have a large paperweight. 😂😂😂
The meter movement itself would be worth something. Possibly more than the watt-meter.

Thanks
Joel