Help needed to import trunking info from Radio Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

comtech1

Have searched the database forum but couldn't find an answer to my questions.

I’m using the FreeScan 2.13 software to import Trunked Systems with. The problem that I have is that I connect to RadioReference Import – Trunked system site. Province/State: Iowa, County: Cerro Gordo, Available Systems; Raycom-Ill, WI, etc.; in the Site & Groups tab on the left screen it always shows every site that Raycom owns, not just Iowa, I select Mason City, IA which is the county seat for Cerro Gordo. When I go to the right pane which is for selecting groups for that site there is not a choice that has the group information for the Cerro Gordo County/ Public Safety. I know that there are groups because a local Cerro Gordo Public Safety entity has verbally given me some. It is really hard to make a correct choice of sites & groups as it is presented. Need help using the site to get needed information.

Could you also tell me the frequency spread between the 800MHz TX & RX frequencies for EDAC & MOTO2 & isn't the lower freq. value the base TX freq.?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
No the higher of the 2 pair is usually what you want. not the lower (that's the input frequency to the system). On 800, regardless of the type of system, the split is usually 45 Mhz

Another way to go is to use the EZ-Grab function as defined in the user guide. But it does put a bit more of the onus about setting up quick keys, groups, systems, etc. on the user. S/He is expected to understand what to do and how to do it

If you are comfortable with these concepts, then this page in the user guide will help. You don't need a subscription to use it...

Freescan EZGrab - The RadioReference Wiki

Even though the article uses conventional frequencies, this is only an example - copying frequencies and talkgroups works exactly the same way

If you're not comfortable with these concepts, then paying for a subscription is the best way to go. In addition we have an extensive wiki article with links to just about everything you need to know to get started, including links to the Easier to Read manuals, which is at the bottom of...

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Note that anything blue is a link....item 6 has a link for our subscription page...Mike

greggk

Premium Subscriber
As puzzleriddle said, you need to subscribe to RR. It is really cheap considering the return it gives you.

This is a shot in the dark: If you are searching for talk groups under a trunked system and do not find what you are looking for on the right, try starting over as a "conventional" search.

I don't know if this will fix your issue, but it has worked for me in the past. I use ARC500, which I find to be easy to use, but it is not free either. I believe it is $39.99.

By the way, what type of scanner are you using?

Greg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.