Help needed with 785D trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moosemedic

Greetings,

I recently purchased a third party software to try and control my BC785D as a desktop and record transmissions and messed up the whole thing. I downloaded the profile, changed a few things, uploaded the changes and of course, all I accomplished was the loss of a trunked system. I tried to reprogram the saved and unedited file, but that hasn't restored it either.

I am trying to scan a EDACS system, know the control channels and have (or had) everything programmed so that I would select a specific bank for that city, then it would allow me to select talkgroups by hitting 1 through 0 . For example, one city was in Bank 3, then I could select/deselect 1 (District 1) and it would scan 10 of the programmed talkgroups for District 1 traffic. Select/Deselect 2, District 2, and so on.

Everything WAS working fine, but now it's working more like a conventional scanner, and I've had to lock out the control channels, and after each transmission I get the anti-scan beeps. I can't even fix the problem, or figure out what I did just from the keypad. I no longer have the ability to do IDSEARCH or IDSCAN as before.

What did I mess up, and how do I fix it?

Send Help!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It sounds very much like the system was reprogrammed as a conventional system, rather than an EDACS system. The first thing to do is to correctly reprogram the radio - without any idea of what software you're using, no one can send you a file to help. In all likelihood someone in the Colorado forum has something you can use.

It's looks very much like starting from scratch is the way to go here. I think this is the standard trick - if you press 2,9,hold all at the same time and turn the 785 on, it will completely clear your memories.

73s Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.