Help needed with new scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wgsc1107

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased a WS1065 scanner for my grandfather and I like to think that I know my way around technology but this thing has me STUMPED. I was able to get the Win500 application onto his computer and even got as far as uploading a scan list to the scanner. I can see that the channels are listed properly on the scanner but no sound will come out of it. I can't imagine that all the channels have no traffic. I have no idea why this isn't working, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

jnlannon

NK2J
Hi wgsc1107,
So, when you say ‘no sound’ I assume you mean from the channels you programmed. If you’re not getting any sound, like from WX or turning the squelch to the left, that’s a different problem.

The first thing to check is scanlists. Go to your All Objects tab and look at the Scan Lists column. You need to make sure the numbers in the scanlist column are enabled in the General Settings tab. You enable scanlists on the radio by pressing the number on the radio keypad (11+ press [FUNC] 1st), or in the software under the General Setting tab in the Scan column. Just as a test, make sure all of your scanlists are enabled. Your display will look like this when all 20 scanlists are enabled…
1602886524722.png
1st line of 1234567890 is scanlist 1-10. The 2nd line is 11-20. Let it run for a bit like that and see what happens. Reply back and let us know what you find.

wgsc1107

Premium Subscriber
Hi wgsc1107,
So, when you say ‘no sound’ I assume you mean from the channels you programmed. If you’re not getting any sound, like from WX or turning the squelch to the left, that’s a different problem.

The first thing to check is scanlists. Go to your All Objects tab and look at the Scan Lists column. You need to make sure the numbers in the scanlist column are enabled in the General Settings tab. You enable scanlists on the radio by pressing the number on the radio keypad (11+ press [FUNC] 1st), or in the software under the General Setting tab in the Scan column. Just as a test, make sure all of your scanlists are enabled. Your display will look like this when all 20 scanlists are enabled…
View attachment 92841
1st line of 1234567890 is scanlist 1-10. The 2nd line is 11-20. Let it run for a bit like that and see what happens. Reply back and let us know what you find.
I was able to get my scanner to look the same as your attached picture however I am still not getting any sound. I did test the weather channel and everything is coming through fine on that. My scanner will just sit there and continue to scan to no avail.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Can you please attach your Win500 programming file so that I can check it? You will have to right click on the file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and Open the zipped file.

wgsc1107

Premium Subscriber
Here is the scanner setup file. Sorry for the late response, I hope you will still be able to check the file for me.

Attachments

• scanner.zip
    3 KB · Views: 13

WB9YBM

I recently purchased a WS1065 scanner for my grandfather and I like to think that I know my way around technology but this thing has me STUMPED. I was able to get the Win500 application onto his computer and even got as far as uploading a scan list to the scanner. I can see that the channels are listed properly on the scanner but no sound will come out of it. I can't imagine that all the channels have no traffic. I have no idea why this isn't working, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

First try to find a frequency that you know is transmitting for sure (if your scanner covers the NOAA weather channels, that'd be my first try). Then play around with your squelch & volume controls and see what results you get...

Status
Not open for further replies.