HELP needed with sds100 and Proscan audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

spywiz

Premium Subscriber
Help needed. Well, I have tried doing this for a couple of weeks now. I have an sds100. I am trying to record through my Microsoft Surface Pro 7. The "one and only" jack on the Surface Pro is a combo jack for wired headphones, microphone or headset with mic/headphone combo. My understanding is that it is a TRRS (3 rings) jack. I have tried multiple ways of hooking it up, but still cant get it to work. I have tried to use an external USB sound card that has inputs and outputs for mic,headphone,speaker and 2 other USB jacks. Didn't work. I got an ext. cable that has TRS (2 rings) on one end and TRRS (3 rings) on the other end, and go directly from the sds100 headphone jack with the TRS end to the combo jack on the Surface Pro with the TRRS to that input. I can't seem to get the right combination to make it work, and I feel like I have tried everything that I can think of. I have gone into my Win10 control panel and enabled the external sound card and disabled the regular mic array. Then I have enabled the Line in input and disabled the others. Just can't figure it out. Any help or a link to a video would help me greatly. I am right now just trying to use it to record when I am asleep, but would like to also stream it for myself at times. Right now, I am just happy with getting the audio to record to the computer. Thanks in advance. -Bobby

*Crossposted on Proscan forum.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You need a ground loop isolator. And the mods frown on crossposting.

spywiz

Premium Subscriber
You need a ground loop isolator. And the mods frown on crossposting.
John, I just looked at a ground loop isolator. Buzzing or noise is not my issue. I use my sds100 in my 2019 Ram 1500 via bluetooth and wired line in. I do not have a problem with either. My problem is getting "any" audio from the sds100 to my Surface Pro 7. Could you explain how a ground loop isolator will remedy that? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.