help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally broke down and bought a bcd996xt and im having trouble with the one of the control frequencies for baltimore county.

So i put in frequency 856.2125 under p25 system and i can see the talk groups communicating but i cant hear them. i am only using the scanner itself. havent hooked it up to the pc yet....

can someone please tell me what i am missing.....

Read the Baltimore county P25 thread in this forum. Many folks are having a LOT of trouble with the new system. Here's the link (anything in blue)

http://forums.radioreference.com/ma.../219410-new-baltimore-county-p-25-system.html

Don't fall into the trap of reading only new posts. Read EVERYTHING in your area - you'll learn a lot more that way...

Mike

I have been reading like a fiend... the only reason i feel its not reception is because its showing full reception when the talk groups are transmitting. i almost thought it was shipped with a bad speaker untill i tuned into another frequency...... im residing in overlea off of fullerton ave....

well i located a usb to serial adapter and downloaded freescan. nice little program but now i have to buy into radio reference...... can anyone say that a 800 mhz antenna really made at least a little difference? was it worth it?

Hey its me, a couple months later, I want to give a update or two and then have some questions.
I Purchased a better 800mhz antenna and fixed my reception issues as well as hooked up my cobra s500 speaker from my cb and it helped make a big difference of the worst distorted mess i was picking up(even in my basement). Also since my last post, bought my pc cables and hooked the 996xt up to the pc and had no success programming the system that way.
I have not done any updates to the firmware. Yet anyway,

Following the tips on the link above, i couldnt get my scanner to process the data from the main control channels. it showed full signal and showed the signal was data, even showes the groups transmitting as well, but it will not produce the audio.
So after messing around for quite some time and alot of youtube vids of other people messing with their scanners, I managed to set up a conventional system (only one i could get to work) using all of the control codes for the south zone in a group. when the scanner sees a transmission starting it shows LNK then says P25 during the talking. then all goes away... I hate uniden/baltimore county for making this so %$$#@ complicated!!!!!!!

So here go some questions

1. Is there issues with the baltimore county system to where i can only pick up the baltimore county police on a conventional system? Or is it the scanner or how im programming it?

2. I am picking up different transmissions from different control frequencies at the same time. Kind of like the old days where each precinct and fire station had its own frequency but its not showing any group id like the main control channels that arent producing the audio.
Is there a listing as to what frequency covers what?

3. If i finish my impending decline in mental status trying to figure this out, should i : A- pound the hell out of the scanner with a hammer, B- flaten it with my truck, C- throw it off a very high building or D- introduce it to 480 volts.

Thanks everyone for your replys. old or new.

gregsto

10 months later! So you have never gotten it to work properly??

Not exactly sure what you could be doing wrong from the info you provided. I use proscan to program my 996T from frequencies downloaded from radioreference. I have had no issues. I am in downtown baltimore and receive everything via the south system, FD and PD. Are you sure you are using the CURRENT frequencies in the RR database? There really is no 'trick' to setting the system up....consider getting proscan and downloading and installing the system through it.

yeah i still havent gotten anywhere. I did install the firmware update last night, ill retry the notes in the link above again. I am sure they are the current control frequencies, i pulled them 2 days ago.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
check out the Harford Fire Blog on Facebook..

There is a guy doing custom scanner programming in Southern Pa.. he can probably help get you going.. He has programmed a bunch of scanners for the fire companies after Harford re banded a few months ago..

Balto County and Balto City are now P25 C-QPSK linear simulcast. The Uniden scanners are not good at decoding them what so ever.. The GRE's work like a champ on them though..

Give him a call and see if he can help you out

Status
Not open for further replies.