Help! new ft leonard wood new ericson system

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcourt10

Hello
Can anyone help with the new eds system in use on the ft leonard wood army base? i visit my kids here every few months and now the mp's, ems, fire and others have moved to a new system. I have figured out it is eds wide, with a control channel of 408.4250. Some or all of the freq. are as follows. 406.5625, 407.8125, 408.9625, 409.1125, 409.7625, 410.3250, 410.7625. BUT I DONT KNOW THE LOGICAL ORDER TO PROGRAM THEM IN. Does anyone live and monitor around here that has the new info?? I would really appricate it.
Thanks bill

bcourt10

thanks

thanks for the info but i dont know what discriminator tap is.

as for the old system it is still online and being used for training, range control, and housing maintance as before they seem to have moved only the mp's, fire, ems.

bill

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
Re: thanks

bcourt10 said:
thanks for the info but i dont know what discriminator tap is.
Discriminator tapping is when you tap the FM baseband audio and send it off to another device. Once this is done, the control channel of a trunked system can be decoded.

Decoded the control channel of an EDACS system only slightly makes your life a bit easier, but if you like to tinker .. go get yerself a Pro-95 and discriminator tap it and take a look at what you have been missing!!

However, with only one radio here is how you figure out the LCN of an EDACS system: (this really only works if the system is busy)

1. Take the first frequency and plug it into LCN slot 1 of your radio.
2. Wait for a while ... do you hear anything?
3. If yes, yay! You now know which LCN that frequency is assigned to. Now choose a new frequency and a new LCN slot and repeat step 2.
4. If you did not hear anything, move that frequency into LCN slot 2 and repeat step 2.

Guaranteed to comsume vast amounts of time. :) enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.