Help new to RS-PRO-164 Shoreline Wa....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doclar1

Hello, all just joined recently, picked up a pro-164..... signed up for arc300 and data base downloads .....

question is:

I work in Shoreline and trying to pick up the north or King Co sheriffs dept to listen to the Shoreline police
and Shoreline Fire dept I have looked at all the pages posted for shoreline and king co and downloaded from the data base

But, just can't seem to get fire and shoreline police.... I work around 175th and Aurora

(I do pickup a little but, really broken or unreadable...)

Yesterday they had a bank robbery at Key Bank 175th ....and I didn't hear a thing....some static..that's
about it...

Scanner: RS PRO-164 (updated firmware v1.08) with upgraded ANT 800MHz (no rubber ducky)

Software: ARC300(reg) and 30 day Trial Win97 v01.34

ANY help would be greatly appreciated, in which freqs(sites) to select (truncked) and talk group #s
from both the above software progs or help setting some of the settings...

Hope I don't get flamed too much...;)
(I can take a little tho ;)...)

Thanks .....

SCPD

QRT
Doclar1, I'm not as familiar with the GRE/RS scanners but it sounds like you didn't have something programmed correctly. There are several youtube videos of how-to program your scanner. Here's one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzRmiMztFfo

For your area, you'll want to monitor the KC/ValleyComm system (Site #6) and the KCPD North (and Tac) TGIDs. Also, you'll probably want to add the main Columbia Tower system (Site #1) in there as well for SPD.

Start with the KC system first and then go from there. You only need to add the controls channels and the scanner will do the rest.

Now, if you switch to the Uniden scanners -- then I can help you better. :)

(IMHO, the Uniden scanners are a bid more user friendly but it's totally subjective.)

Doclar1

Thanks nickcarr,

I'am getting alot less traffic or chatter but, it is in the right area I was looking for 175th and Aurora Shoreline Wa

By setting bank to close....also found some more TG's for Shoreline area sharing with KCSO and SPD
I wish Shoreline had their own....would make it easier

Now I have to work on Monroe PD have not been able to get their radio info....still looking, unless
you may have a starting point or freq (trunked or conv????)

Also working on Snohomish County Sheriff Department for Monroe and Stevens pass areas...;)

The youtube video helped a little, with the software I have, it's alot easier..

Thanks again for ALL your help! ;)

Any other tips will be welcome.

Doclar1

Doclar1

Thankyou lowboy654,

Now is the freqs and TG's in this list the same as the database or is the webpage more up to date..
just wondering

Thanks for your help! ;)

Doclar1

Doclar1

Thanks,

The link above you posted...I was thinking I might have to put a few in manually...

Thanks

Doclar1

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
No that should be it, you might want to add the PSOPS and Events stuff listed under mutual aid. that should cover the area that you are talking about.

Doclar1

Thank you lowboy654,

Will do, you have been the greatest of help.....

Radio-On....and Receiving !!

Oh....is this for Monroe PD also or is that a Conv system, if you by chance know?

Thanks!
Doclar1

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
This would be for everything in the east side of of Snohomish County as far as Police and Sheriff, Conv stuff is not used in the County any more as far as I know, they are on just the trunking system. they do still have a license for Conv. stuff, butt the patrol units I see do not have VHF or UHF antennas on them and this would be for fire too

rodentkj

Feed Provider
Just and FYI.
SCSO North, East and South TG's reside on both the East and West control channels or system.

So you may find, depending on your location you may get better reception switching to one or the other SERS systems.

Doclar1

Thanks Guys,

What I have going is: I selected ALL 8 locations and then hand picked the TG's I would like to listen
too, if I find listening to one or more of the TGs I just press LO (lockout) then after that day or couple
of days I download from radio into win97 and I see all the ones I have LOed and go from there, as to
decide if I should leave or delete...

I'm still working on Shoreline I have found a couple of Shoreline TG's that seem to work, but Seattle is
a Big area...still getting alot of south stuff even tho I have selected most if no all North TG's.....

Work in progress...that's what makes it fun.....

Thanks..;)
Doclar1

Doclar1

On another note, anyone recommend a house antenna and can I use handheld or do I need a base or home unit? I'm thinking a Radshack roof mount not to pricy for now...still checking into it....

any thoughts welcome...

Doclar1

SCPD

QRT
Doc, I use this one:

DPD Productions - Scanner, Aviation, NOAA, Mobile Radio Antennas for Commercial & Hobbyist Applications

This is a directional antenna however. If you're looking for a general discone then look at something like this:

DPD Productions - Scanner, Aviation, NOAA, Mobile Radio Antennas for Commercial & Hobbyist Applications

or

Procomm SP800 Spider Scanner Antenna SP-800

Then get you some RG8 (or better yet, LMR400 coax) and you can certainly use it with your handheld. Yes, there's a good chance of overloading the handheld on some frequencies but not with the 800Mhz trunks. The higher up the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.